Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Atropine/hyoscyamine/phenobarbital/scopolamine

Also known as: Alkabel-SR, Antispas, Antispasmodic, Barbidonna, Bellalphen, Bellatal, Bellatal ER, Chardonna-2, D-Tal, Donnaphen, Donnapine, Donnatal, Donnatal Extentabs, Elixiral, Haponal, ...show all 24 brand names

Learn more about Atropine/hyoscyamine/phenobarbital/scopolamine.

Enterocolitis 1 reviews 41 medications

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 17 reviews 125 medications

9.5
Duodenal Ulcer 1 reviews 139 medications

Summary of Atropine/hyoscyamine/phenobarbital/scopolamine reviews 19 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Atropine/hyoscyamine/phenobarbital/scopolamine

Review by lizzie1416:

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Works great for irritable bowel syndrome! I am so comfortable at work only down side it is expensive.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by De De:

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Duodenal Ulcer: Was given this medication as an liquid form along with a couple of other liquid medications. I had to drink like a half of gallon non stop, but within 5 to 10 minutes my Irritable Bowel Syndrome relaxed and I started flautuating like crazy in the emergency room in front of the doctor and nurse. The doctor said that's what we wanted. Within 1 hour my IBS was completed gone. The problem now is my doctor prescribed me Donnatal and the prescription is $600.00 with insurance, so now I'm back suffering with IBS day after day knowing if I could just get that medication I would be fine again.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2014 12:16 AM

Review by ehh80 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I have used Donnatal for over 2 years mainly for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It works every single time I have a flare-up like nothing else I have ever taken. Hands down the best medication in my opinion. No side effects, reduces sweating but that also helps me since I tend to sweat a lot. It also has helped me with anxiety as well as during weaning from opiate medications. GREAT MEDICINE. Only con is that not all pharmacies carry it anymore.

June 5, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Excellent for irritable bowel syndrome symptoms like gas and general stomach malaise. Works fast but is expensive!

February 19, 2014 12:21 PM

Review by Cossack (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Prescribed for me in ER when I was there for nausea and vertigo from Irritable Bowel Syndrome...probably the ONLY medicine I ever took that worked immediately and did just what it advertised...truly effective medicine!

December 27, 2013 9:29 PM

Review by IBS in NJ (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I am a 45 year old male who has suffered from IBS since my teens. Nothing has been successful until I went to Italy and learned about Donnatal. When I returned to the States i asked my Dr. about Donnatal and he said it was an old medicine, which he hasn't prescribed in years. He gave me a prescription and my pains, and loose bowl movements have stopped. I have been taking this medicine for 3 months and now I can function normally.. now I have my life back. I reported this to my Dr. who was surprised and has started to prescribe it again with some great feedback. I find the liquid Donnatal works best. I can even drink Coffee again.

March 7, 2013 11:17 AM

Review by Delahanty (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Enterocolitis: I had been seeing G.I. specialist for months for intermittent nausea and vomiting that led to horrible stomach and chest pain. My G.I. tried everything, nothing seemed to worked, I even threw up on Zofran twice(strongest anti-nausea medicine you can get). I wind up in the ER about monthly for complications with dehydration and anemia, and at the ER I was put on Donnatal. Donnatal was a miracle! I can now function, leave my house most days, and no longer spend every day wishing I would just die because of the pain. It doesn't fix everything but without it I am really bad.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 23, 2012 11:43 AM

Review by Lao:

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Better than anything else I've used.

August 31, 2012 11:28 PM

Review by Cherry1970:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I just found out about Crohn's disease. After three years of suffering this is the first time a doctor gave me a medication that actually works. I'm used to getting a GI cocktail at the ER, but to have this medicine in hand always makes me feel safe from embarrassing accidents. I'm 40 years old, and this began in 2007 at age 36. The ER doctors told me it was a virus go home, but now I know I'm not crazy. Thanks for this medicine, it's a miracle.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2011 6:40 PM

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I was recently diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome and given Belladonna/Phenabarbital, as well as Dexilant (acid reducer). I felt great for the first week of being on these; however after that it has gone downhill, with severe diarrhea and headaches. I have lost 13 lbs since taking these medicines and concerned with which medicines cause this. The Dexilant seems to cause the diarrhea, but I'm left wondering why the headaches are so bad. Any assistance would be great...cannot function w/the headaches and nothing over the counter touches them.

August 5, 2011 3:45 PM

Review by serenity0322:

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: My GI Doctor has tried half a a dozen different drugs for my IBS and none could seem to to do the trick. I pretty much gave up all hope until during my yearly physical my PCP (who has been practicing 35 years) mentioned I tried a much older drug called Donnatal. He told me it was an old drug but proven effective time and time again. I filled the script and immediately started taking it. I noticed improvement almost immediately and have been taking it regularly for 3 months now with no complaints. Donnatal is my miracle.

July 12, 2011 11:10 PM

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: It relieves my stomach pains due to severe bloating and gas. It is sedating. Once I take it, if I am somewhere comfortable, I can dose off. It is a very good medicine.

June 28, 2011 7:47 PM

Review by normal 1:

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I have used Donnatal for years for Irritable Bowel Syndrome diarrhea. It is a miracle medicine. I stop it when it stops working. I could not have worked or gone out of house without it. However I have high liver levels and wonder if the Donnatal caused this. I stopped it when went on Savella for fibromyalgia. The Savella also helps my IBS. Not on anything now, on FMLA at present. Will have to go on something if I return to work.

March 3, 2011 10:57 AM

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Calms me down and numbs the pain just a bit.

January 13, 2011 12:23 AM

Review by robertmacgregor:

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I used Librax for IBS. Only been on this for 2 days, but I feel the drug is working well, will continue. I have had IBS for years, but it comes and goes and sometimes no symptoms for months. But I recently had a sinus infection and they put me on antibiotic LEVAQUIN. After using it, it brought back my IBS problems.

March 19, 2010 6:38 PM

Review by 23 year old male:

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Before I took this I was suffering from constipation and diarrhea. The drug helps settle my stomach, I take it twice a day. The pills are very small and disintegrate fast with liquid, which make them extremely easy to swallow. I use to dread using the bathroom before I started taking this drug. Now I don't even think twice about it and my stress level has decreased dramatically.

February 25, 2010 6:40 PM

Review by harmonyinohio:

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I have bowel adhesions and they cause debilitating IBS. I first was given Donnatal Elixir in an ER with horrible intestinal cramps. This stuff soothes, works quickly and it stops the cramps. I recommend it to anyone I know who has IBS. And the drowsy side effect helps me to sleep and when I wake up I feel better. Definitely ask your doctor about this one if you suffer from intestinal issues!

February 13, 2010 7:52 AM

Donnatal (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I take Donnatal with Reglan 30 minutes before meals and at bedtime. It helps with the intestinal and stomach cramps! Plus it also helps with the diarrhea. It is a miracle drug and I am glad I asked my doctor about it plus the phenobarbital in the Donnatal helps my anxiety!

October 13, 2009 7:58 PM

Review by Reliefatlast:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) in 1988 and have suffered with this horrible condition since. As my Doctor put it "you are the worst case of IBS I've seen in 30 years of practice" One cannot imagine the pain and suffering I went through on a daily basis until my doctor tried this new medicine called SERVIRA. I am finally able to function to some degree of normality.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate