User Reviews for Vicodin

Learn more about Vicodin.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 6 reviews 358 medications

9.4
Pain 94 reviews 935 medications

7.9
Back Pain 11 reviews 172 medications

7.9
Summary of Vicodin reviews 111 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Vicodin

For Pain "I'm 80 years old with chronic back pain. I've been taking 5/335 Vicodin for 6 months. It's been great. I really recommend it. It has made my life so much better. I'm not worried about addiction at my age."

satsukosan March 25, 2015

For Pain "I have been given Vicodin for severe migraines, back pain, wisdom tooth removal and kidney infection with kidney stones. It never fails to make me feel nauseous, give me headaches, and make it incredibly difficult to function at times BUT it did take away my pain. After my last ER visit I asked for something other than Vicodin, they gave me Percocet and it works well with minimal side effects."

lilly433 February 27, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have tried different medications (Diladuids, Percocet ) as I have had 2 knee replacements and another because 1 became infected. Vicodin has been better because of fewer side effects."

Jasper V (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2014

For Back Pain "No lessening of pain in legs."

teacherdot (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2014

For Pain "Prescribed this after Wisdom tooth removal. Worked fine with no issues at a fairly low dose. Use the Lowest dose for ONLY as long as needed. Then used Tylenol after that for a few days and all went well. Use these as your doc says only."

alankay (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2014

For Pain "Helps with migraines when Imitrex fails. I have to eat before taking a dose or it will make me nauseous."

mpsprowl (taken for 10 years or more) April 28, 2014

For Pain "Ulcerative Colitis Pain: Made the pain manageable. My UC symptoms left me in such terrible pain on some days that I was completely non-functional. Once I asked for something to manage the pain, I was finally able to spend my non-functional days being a little less miserable. For flares only. I was once afraid to ask for pain killers but they are so effective I will not hesitate to ask in the future if the pain becomes too much."

Tomh219 (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2014

For Back Pain "A few years ago, I was setting on the floor getting my bills ready for taxes, leaned forward to grab a bill and got "stuck". Could not move. The doctor prescribed Vicodin. It caused a blinding headache. Still had the Back pain and the headache was almost worse than a migraine. "

EEC (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2014

For Pain "My experience with Vicodin has been good."

Patrick59 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2014

For Pain "Used it for my back"

Mandie161312 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2014

For Pain "It works very well for pain..it gives seniors energy to function and the side effects are very mild, if any. "

gloving (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2014

For Pain "The one side effect that I didn't see listed under side effects was itching"

raerae68 October 22, 2013

For Pain "I was prescribed Vicodin as a rescue med for migraine. I've only used it 3 times but have had to cease using it because it makes me itchy all over my body. I don't get a rash, just very itch, it drives me nuts. I was taking 2 x 10/325 tablets (after taking 4 mg Zofran). It doesn't completely take away my migraine. I can still function. I need a little nap, then I can get up and work, drive car etc. It did wonders for my neck and back pain I am currently getting physio on, but it hasn't been a wonder rescue drug for migraine. I've been given a different narcotic rescue med to try. Hopefully I won't need to use it. I am on Depakote as a preventative and use Cambia as an abortive. These both work well, especially if I take the Cambia early."

Wombat Divine October 19, 2013

For Pain "Was on this medication for wisdom teeth/tonsillectomy which worked very well. The first time I took it it gave me immense fatigue but after that I was ok. Other side effects where nausea if taken on an empty stomach and minor constipation."

AnxietyBomb (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2013

For Pain "I have been dealing with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis since 2003. A rare form of the disease that only affects 10% of the MS community. Many people know someone with MS, but very few with this form. To this day I have been repeatedly reminded by the medical society there are no known medications to treat this condition. Vicodin 10/660 has helped with the variety of MS pains and has also eased the mental stress and allowed me to think clearer. I have been allowed to try everything in stock but always come back here. I have not drank alcohol this entire time frame and use Miralax daily to avoid constipation. Hope this helps and God bless."

3D (taken for 10 years or more) May 19, 2013

For Pain "Over the year's (I'm 75 now), I have used Vicodin 5/325mg for a range of things: had stable fracture of spine after a fall, broke one shoulder in 3 places, and the other a couple year's ago. Have chronic back pain and if gets bad get an prescription for it. A few surgeries: prostate, hernia, gall bladder, several dental procedures/surgeries. In each and every one of the mentioned cases, the Vicodin has been the pain management of choice. It frustrates me, that after a doctor prescribed a couple of times, they are reluctant to further prescribe, siting the addiction factor. I've heard that doctor's tend to UNDER PRESCRIBE because of this."

Daxton March 30, 2013

For Back Pain "I have been diagnosed with severe chronic pain due to herniated disc which causes sciatica. I have tried everything over the counter... NOTHING WORKS. Yet, one Vicodin and the pain finally went away. Unfortunately only temporary."

annie_1962 March 21, 2013

For Back Pain "I fell flat on my back and have been using this for 2 months. It works but really wakes me up! I need something else that makes me a little more sleepy. "

Noelle1989 March 20, 2013

For Back Pain "This did take away the pain and got me of the bed it let me do what I had to do. I did not get withdrawals when I stopped it."

painful life (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 18, 2012

For Pain "I have a lot of different types of pain, but the two constant pains I have are arthritis and tailbone pain. The best way I have found to describe it is that it's like sitting on a sharpened egg. For fourteen years . I am only pain free for about three hours every day. I take two Vicodin in the morning (my bedtime, as I work third shift). It takes about an hour to really hit. I take one when I wake up and four and one more when I go back to sleep for three hours at nine. With the two latter doses, my pain isn't completely gone, but the edge is dulled. I can deal with it. I have been taking Vicodin for eight years. If someone knows a physician who would be willing to remove my tailbone, it would probably cut my use in half."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2012

For Back Pain "I was prescribed Vicodin when I had my 1st back surgery 15 yrs ago! It helped and 2 years later I had my 2nd back surgery! The Vicodin became less effective so I went to pain management and was put on the Duragesic patch which changed my life with the pain! I took myself off of Vicodin and eventually took myself off of the patch! I still live in pain but no longer depend on pain medication."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 17, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "No stomach upset or drowsiness...FINALLY"

Anonymous August 8, 2012

For Pain "I just started taking this for chronic knee/foot/neck pain, and it works great! I take two doses a day of one 5/325 pill. Along with it, I also take 400 mg of ibuprofen, and this combination seems to be a miracle for my pain. It makes me feel back to normal for about six hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2012

For Pain "I am 25 years of age, and I am a chronic pain patient. 3 years ago (2009) I began to feel chronic pain all over my body; more and more as time goes on. There isn't a muscle in my body that doesn't hurt. Vicodin has saved my life! I've been on 8 5mg tablets daily. Were it not for Vicodin, my ability to perform everyday tasks would be severely compromised. Normal activities whether is mowing the lawn, or even getting out of bed are difficult. My pain level ranges between 5-9. Vicodin always takes all the pain away. I highly recommend this medicine if you are seeking relief from chronic pain. "

Anonymous April 27, 2012

For Pain "I have an Arnold chiari stage 3, severe scolosis with Harrington rods, and bulging discs at L4-L5 and C4-5-6. I have found that Vicodin is the only pain killer that works well enough for me to function. I have two young kids who need me to be able to function, and a husband. I do caution to use this wisely. I don't notice any ill side effects."

Anonymous March 16, 2012