User Reviews for Vicodin

Learn more about Vicodin.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 5 reviews 362 medications

7.9
Summary of Vicodin reviews 107 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Vicodin

Review by alankay (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Prescribed this after Wisdom tooth removal. Worked fine with no issues at a fairly low dose. Use the Lowest dose for ONLY as long as needed. Then used Tylenol after that for a few days and all went well. Use these as your doc says only.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 5, 2014 9:01 PM

Review by mpsprowl (taken for 10 years or more):

For Pain: Helps with migraines when Imitrex fails. I have to eat before taking a dose or it will make me nauseous.

April 28, 2014 11:34 AM

Review by Tomh219 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Ulcerative Colitis Pain: Made the pain manageable. My UC symptoms left me in such terrible pain on some days that I was completely non-functional. Once I asked for something to manage the pain, I was finally able to spend my non-functional days being a little less miserable. For flares only. I was once afraid to ask for pain killers but they are so effective I will not hesitate to ask in the future if the pain becomes too much.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2014 2:32 AM

Review by EEC (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: A few years ago, I was setting on the floor getting my bills ready for taxes, leaned forward to grab a bill and got "stuck". Could not move. The doctor prescribed Vicodin. It caused a blinding headache. Still had the Back pain and the headache was almost worse than a migraine.

February 20, 2014 7:08 PM

Review by Patrick59 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: My experience with Vicodin has been good.

February 7, 2014 5:08 AM

Review by Mandie161312 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Used it for my back

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2014 11:26 PM

Review by gloving (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: It works very well for pain..it gives seniors energy to function and the side effects are very mild, if any.

January 8, 2014 5:34 PM

Review by raerae68:

For Pain: The one side effect that I didn't see listed under side effects was itching

October 22, 2013 4:40 PM

Review by Wombat Divine:

For Pain: I was prescribed Vicodin as a rescue med for migraine. I've only used it 3 times but have had to cease using it because it makes me itchy all over my body. I don't get a rash, just very itch, it drives me nuts. I was taking 2 x 10/325 tablets (after taking 4 mg Zofran). It doesn't completely take away my migraine. I can still function. I need a little nap, then I can get up and work, drive car etc. It did wonders for my neck and back pain I am currently getting physio on, but it hasn't been a wonder rescue drug for migraine. I've been given a different narcotic rescue med to try. Hopefully I won't need to use it. I am on Depakote as a preventative and use Cambia as an abortive. These both work well, especially if I take the Cambia early.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2013 10:01 PM

Review by AnxietyBomb (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Was on this medication for wisdom teeth/tonsillectomy which worked very well. The first time I took it it gave me immense fatigue but after that I was ok. Other side effects where nausea if taken on an empty stomach and minor constipation.

June 24, 2013 2:39 PM

Review by 3D (taken for 10 years or more):

For Pain: I have been dealing with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis since 2003. A rare form of the disease that only affects 10% of the MS community. Many people know someone with MS, but very few with this form. To this day I have been repeatedly reminded by the medical society there are no known medications to treat this condition. Vicodin 10/660 has helped with the variety of MS pains and has also eased the mental stress and allowed me to think clearer. I have been allowed to try everything in stock but always come back here. I have not drank alcohol this entire time frame and use Miralax daily to avoid constipation. Hope this helps and God bless.

May 19, 2013 1:21 PM

Review by Daxton:

For Pain: Over the year's (I'm 75 now), I have used Vicodin 5/325mg for a range of things: had stable fracture of spine after a fall, broke one shoulder in 3 places, and the other a couple year's ago. Have chronic back pain and if gets bad get an prescription for it. A few surgeries: prostate, hernia, gall bladder, several dental procedures/surgeries. In each and every one of the mentioned cases, the Vicodin has been the pain management of choice. It frustrates me, that after a doctor prescribed a couple of times, they are reluctant to further prescribe, siting the addiction factor. I've heard that doctor's tend to UNDER PRESCRIBE because of this.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2013 11:32 AM

Review by annie_1962:

For Back Pain: I have been diagnosed with severe chronic pain due to herniated disc which causes sciatica. I have tried everything over the counter... NOTHING WORKS. Yet, one Vicodin and the pain finally went away. Unfortunately only temporary.

March 21, 2013 7:55 PM

Review by Noelle1989:

For Back Pain: I fell flat on my back and have been using this for 2 months. It works but really wakes me up! I need something else that makes me a little more sleepy.

March 20, 2013 12:30 PM

Review by painful life (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Back Pain: This did take away the pain and got me of the bed it let me do what I had to do. I did not get withdrawals when I stopped it.

October 18, 2012 8:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: I have a lot of different types of pain, but the two constant pains I have are arthritis and tailbone pain. The best way I have found to describe it is that it's like sitting on a sharpened egg. For fourteen years . I am only pain free for about three hours every day. I take two Vicodin in the morning (my bedtime, as I work third shift). It takes about an hour to really hit. I take one when I wake up and four and one more when I go back to sleep for three hours at nine. With the two latter doses, my pain isn't completely gone, but the edge is dulled. I can deal with it. I have been taking Vicodin for eight years. If someone knows a physician who would be willing to remove my tailbone, it would probably cut my use in half.

September 19, 2012 6:56 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Back Pain: I was prescribed Vicodin when I had my 1st back surgery 15 yrs ago! It helped and 2 years later I had my 2nd back surgery! The Vicodin became less effective so I went to pain management and was put on the Duragesic patch which changed my life with the pain! I took myself off of Vicodin and eventually took myself off of the patch! I still live in pain but no longer depend on pain medication.

August 17, 2012 9:58 PM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: No stomach upset or drowsiness...FINALLY

August 8, 2012 8:49 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I just started taking this for chronic knee/foot/neck pain, and it works great! I take two doses a day of one 5/325 pill. Along with it, I also take 400 mg of ibuprofen, and this combination seems to be a miracle for my pain. It makes me feel back to normal for about six hours.

August 5, 2012 8:18 PM

For Pain: I am 25 years of age, and I am a chronic pain patient. 3 years ago (2009) I began to feel chronic pain all over my body; more and more as time goes on. There isn't a muscle in my body that doesn't hurt. Vicodin has saved my life! I've been on 8 5mg tablets daily. Were it not for Vicodin, my ability to perform everyday tasks would be severely compromised. Normal activities whether is mowing the lawn, or even getting out of bed are difficult. My pain level ranges between 5-9. Vicodin always takes all the pain away. I highly recommend this medicine if you are seeking relief from chronic pain.

April 27, 2012 10:34 AM

For Pain: I have an Arnold chiari stage 3, severe scolosis with Harrington rods, and bulging discs at L4-L5 and C4-5-6. I have found that Vicodin is the only pain killer that works well enough for me to function. I have two young kids who need me to be able to function, and a husband. I do caution to use this wisely. I don't notice any ill side effects.

March 16, 2012 2:29 PM

For Back Pain: I have an Arnold Chiari. And severe scolosis and ruptured disc at L4 L5. Vicodin is the only thing that gives me relief. I've tried just about every other pain pill out there and its been the best for me. Doctors in my area don't like to perscribe it because of the addiction issue. This really hurts the people who really need it.

March 15, 2012 8:12 PM

For Back Pain: I recently had an acute flare up with my Sciatica. The pain was unbearable with complete numbness down my right leg. I have suffered for 8 years with chronic sciatic pain wavering in intensity. This last time I went to my doctor requesting pain killer relief stronger than the Diclofenac and Baclofen I usually take which was ineffective. I was prescribed the 5/500 strength, 1 three times a day. This had zero effect on my pain. I took additional acetaminophen to augment the 500mg in the Vicodin. I have an appointment this week to seek a medicine that will bring me relief to I can enjoy life again.

March 13, 2012 12:01 AM

Review by Anonymous126:

For Pain: I was literally unable to function during my menstrual cycle due to SEVERE menstrual cramps. Hunched over, crying, shivering, nauseous, insane level of cramps. I also suffer back pain. I used to attempt to deal with it by taking 800mg ibuprofen, which led to my getting painful gastritis in less than a year and ironically never even really worked. After getting my wisdom teeth pulled and having my cycle at the same time, I was enlightened to how this was the perfect pain management medication.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2011 2:39 PM

Review by Torres, S.:

For Back Pain: I started taking Vicodin and carisoprodol 1 tab twice a day. I lived with pain for years until I started the medicines. But now it's creeping up to where I have to take them all the time. Usually I take two Vicodin and 1 carisoprodol or the other way around just to feel fine. I worry because I understand it can be addictive.

December 3, 2011 1:47 PM