User Reviews for Vicodin

Learn more about Vicodin.

Vicodin Review Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1800 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Vicodin to treat Pain

"I've been prescribed different meds for the chronic arthritis pain in my neck and only Vicodin helps with pain and it allows me to sleep comfortably at night and get through my days at work. I use only the prescribed amount at it works wonders for me."

Arthritis pain in the neck June 22, 2015

"I'm 80 years old with chronic back pain. I've been taking 5/335 Vicodin for 6 months. It's been great. I really recommend it. It has made my life so much better. I'm not worried about addiction at my age."

satsukosan March 25, 2015

"I have been given Vicodin for severe migraines, back pain, wisdom tooth removal and kidney infection with kidney stones. It never fails to make me feel nauseous, give me headaches, and make it incredibly difficult to function at times BUT it did take away my pain. After my last ER visit I asked for something other than Vicodin, they gave me Percocet and it works well with minimal side effects."

lilly433 February 27, 2015

"Prescribed this after Wisdom tooth removal. Worked fine with no issues at a fairly low dose. Use the Lowest dose for ONLY as long as needed. Then used Tylenol after that for a few days and all went well. Use these as your doc says only."

alankay (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2014

"Helps with migraines when Imitrex fails. I have to eat before taking a dose or it will make me nauseous."

mpsprowl (taken for 10 years or more) April 28, 2014

"Ulcerative Colitis Pain: Made the pain manageable. My UC symptoms left me in such terrible pain on some days that I was completely non-functional. Once I asked for something to manage the pain, I was finally able to spend my non-functional days being a little less miserable. For flares only. I was once afraid to ask for pain killers but they are so effective I will not hesitate to ask in the future if the pain becomes too much."

Tomh219 (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2014

"My experience with Vicodin has been good."

Patrick59 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2014

"Used it for my back"

Mandie161312 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2014

"It works very well for pain..it gives seniors energy to function and the side effects are very mild, if any. "

gloving (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2014

"The one side effect that I didn't see listed under side effects was itching"

raerae68 October 22, 2013

"I was prescribed Vicodin as a rescue med for migraine. I've only used it 3 times but have had to cease using it because it makes me itchy all over my body. I don't get a rash, just very itch, it drives me nuts. I was taking 2 x 10/325 tablets (after taking 4 mg Zofran). It doesn't completely take away my migraine. I can still function. I need a little nap, then I can get up and work, drive car etc. It did wonders for my neck and back pain I am currently getting physio on, but it hasn't been a wonder rescue drug for migraine. I've been given a different narcotic rescue med to try. Hopefully I won't need to use it. I am on Depakote as a preventative and use Cambia as an abortive. These both work well, especially if I take the Cambia early."

Wombat Divine October 19, 2013

"Was on this medication for wisdom teeth/tonsillectomy which worked very well. The first time I took it it gave me immense fatigue but after that I was ok. Other side effects where nausea if taken on an empty stomach and minor constipation."

AnxietyBomb (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2013

"I have been dealing with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis since 2003. A rare form of the disease that only affects 10% of the MS community. Many people know someone with MS, but very few with this form. To this day I have been repeatedly reminded by the medical society there are no known medications to treat this condition. Vicodin 10/660 has helped with the variety of MS pains and has also eased the mental stress and allowed me to think clearer. I have been allowed to try everything in stock but always come back here. I have not drank alcohol this entire time frame and use Miralax daily to avoid constipation. Hope this helps and God bless."

3D (taken for 10 years or more) May 19, 2013

"Over the year's (I'm 75 now), I have used Vicodin 5/325mg for a range of things: had stable fracture of spine after a fall, broke one shoulder in 3 places, and the other a couple year's ago. Have chronic back pain and if gets bad get an prescription for it. A few surgeries: prostate, hernia, gall bladder, several dental procedures/surgeries. In each and every one of the mentioned cases, the Vicodin has been the pain management of choice. It frustrates me, that after a doctor prescribed a couple of times, they are reluctant to further prescribe, siting the addiction factor. I've heard that doctor's tend to UNDER PRESCRIBE because of this."

Daxton March 30, 2013

"I have a lot of different types of pain, but the two constant pains I have are arthritis and tailbone pain. The best way I have found to describe it is that it's like sitting on a sharpened egg. For fourteen years . I am only pain free for about three hours every day. I take two Vicodin in the morning (my bedtime, as I work third shift). It takes about an hour to really hit. I take one when I wake up and four and one more when I go back to sleep for three hours at nine. With the two latter doses, my pain isn't completely gone, but the edge is dulled. I can deal with it. I have been taking Vicodin for eight years. If someone knows a physician who would be willing to remove my tailbone, it would probably cut my use in half."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2012

"I just started taking this for chronic knee/foot/neck pain, and it works great! I take two doses a day of one 5/325 pill. Along with it, I also take 400 mg of ibuprofen, and this combination seems to be a miracle for my pain. It makes me feel back to normal for about six hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2012

"I am 25 years of age, and I am a chronic pain patient. 3 years ago (2009) I began to feel chronic pain all over my body; more and more as time goes on. There isn't a muscle in my body that doesn't hurt. Vicodin has saved my life! I've been on 8 5mg tablets daily. Were it not for Vicodin, my ability to perform everyday tasks would be severely compromised. Normal activities whether is mowing the lawn, or even getting out of bed are difficult. My pain level ranges between 5-9. Vicodin always takes all the pain away. I highly recommend this medicine if you are seeking relief from chronic pain. "

Anonymous April 27, 2012

"I have an Arnold chiari stage 3, severe scolosis with Harrington rods, and bulging discs at L4-L5 and C4-5-6. I have found that Vicodin is the only pain killer that works well enough for me to function. I have two young kids who need me to be able to function, and a husband. I do caution to use this wisely. I don't notice any ill side effects."

Anonymous March 16, 2012

"I was literally unable to function during my menstrual cycle due to SEVERE menstrual cramps. Hunched over, crying, shivering, nauseous, insane level of cramps. I also suffer back pain. I used to attempt to deal with it by taking 800mg ibuprofen, which led to my getting painful gastritis in less than a year and ironically never even really worked. After getting my wisdom teeth pulled and having my cycle at the same time, I was enlightened to how this was the perfect pain management medication. "

Anonymous126 December 28, 2011

"Vicodin was prescribed for my shoulder pain. After taking the medicine for 3 days without relief of my shoulder pain I quit taking the medicine."

Anonymous November 30, 2011

"I am in my 40's and have got Frozen Shoulder in my left shoulder. My doctor prescribed Vicodin 5-500mg and it takes the edge off the pain. After the the first prescription of 30 pill were gone I requested a refill my doctor said he would only refill that bottle once more and that is it. Stating that I would have to endure the pain. He did not want me to become addicted. Well I appreciate the concern, but what about my pain? My pills have not run out yet but when they do there will a constant pain. It affects my happiness, work, etc."

frozen in pain November 25, 2011

"Dentist prescribed this after having 4 wisdom teeth extracted... this was a lifesaver. Not only did it help the pain but it made me feel really relaxed and I was able to sleep very well through the pain."

Anonymous October 29, 2011

"Vicodin works great for migraines. I have had migraines for over 20 years and Vicodin and Lorcet Plus are miracle medicines. I can function at work and at home. I don't miss work, it does it's job of killing a migraine that could last me for days. I have tried everything to treat migraine pain and I can tell you that this medicine is wonderful. Love, love love."

SanMeGal September 21, 2011

"I recently pulled a lower back muscle trying to put a generator onto a cart at Lowes. The pain was not too bad so I carried on and tried to work through the pain (I have pulled it before) well that was a week ago. Yesterday I went to the gym to sit in the Sauna to help loosen it up, which it did but while walking out I stumbled and my back locked up. The spasm was bad. I managed to get home and I was able to stretch out, but this morning I started getting lower back spasms something fierce. I was unable to move without a spasm. Well right now, still on bed, but I am taking Vicodin (pain) and flexeril (muscle relaxer) I hope to be up soon. Thank you all for your posts. They helped me get through this nightmare."

Sluggo6 September 15, 2011

"I take this medicine for the treatment of chronic pancreatitis. Its a good medicine and works well."

jennpugli August 31, 2011