User Reviews for Vicodin

Learn more about Vicodin.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 5 reviews 365 medications

7.9
Summary of Vicodin reviews 104 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Vicodin

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Dentist prescribed this after having 4 wisdom teeth extracted... this was a lifesaver. Not only did it help the pain but it made me feel really relaxed and I was able to sleep very well through the pain.

October 29, 2011 9:29 PM
Review by SanMeGal: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Vicodin works great for migraines. I have had migraines for over 20 years and Vicodin and Lorcet Plus are miracle medicines. I can function at work and at home. I don't miss work, it does it's job of killing a migraine that could last me for days. I have tried everything to treat migraine pain and I can tell you that this medicine is wonderful. Love, love love.

September 21, 2011 10:41 AM
Review by Sluggo6: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I recently pulled a lower back muscle trying to put a generator onto a cart at Lowes. The pain was not too bad so I carried on and tried to work through the pain (I have pulled it before) well that was a week ago. Yesterday I went to the gym to sit in the Sauna to help loosen it up, which it did but while walking out I stumbled and my back locked up. The spasm was bad. I managed to get home and I was able to stretch out, but this morning I started getting lower back spasms something fierce. I was unable to move without a spasm. Well right now, still on bed, but I am taking Vicodin (pain) and flexeril (muscle relaxer) I hope to be up soon. Thank you all for your posts. They helped me get through this nightmare.

September 15, 2011 5:23 PM
Review by jennpugli: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I take this medicine for the treatment of chronic pancreatitis. Its a good medicine and works well.

August 31, 2011 3:01 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Good but not very effective for me (pain related to Lupus)..especially in low doses. I've never taken opiates before and with this I still find myself in pain. I do better with Toradol.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 22, 2011 9:33 PM
Review by t1: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I have had 3 shoulder surgeries in 16 months. My pain medications have been changed several times. I also have had gastric bypass, so this medication upsets my stomach a lot. I am working with my doctor to change me to something that protects my pouch and liver.

August 18, 2011 1:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I have chronic sciatica from wearing a gun belt for 15 years. This is the only medicine that helps me to live pain free. I have to work to support myself and try and save my house. If I am in pain I have to call in sick and then its downhill.

August 8, 2011 11:50 PM
Review by Larrk: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Vicodin is an excellent pain killer for oral or any kind of surgery to bring home. It doesn't make me sick to my stomach the way some other pain pills do. I have Fibromyalgia and CFS and took it for that type of pain but it was too short acting and I needed to keep increasing the dose. It also has a lot of Tylenol in it for long term use which can damage the liver so I'm on something else now for my Fibromyalgia pain. It does the job very well for short term pain relief.

July 24, 2011 7:23 PM
Review by bubbajon: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I used to play golf three days a week but with much pain afterwards. I've been put on Vicodin on a regular basis. I take as needed not more than prescribed and it has worked wonders.

June 28, 2011 9:48 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Works well to treat moderate pain and increase flexibility. If new to usage you can expect a "head buzz" but with continued usage the euphoria dissipates, but the pharmaceutical effects remain. Does tend to cause constipation, but by comparison to some other pain killers out there, it is far more manageable. Prescribed to me with muscle relaxers, but the muscle relaxers make me too sleepy to function.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 24, 2011 11:20 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Built up a tolerance to it very quickly and made me itch like crazy.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 26, 2011 5:12 AM
Review by Lcpl of Marines: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I took it for a cracked rib. But if any of you who have been in this boat know, there is nothing you can do for a cracked rib. But taking Vicodin made the rest of my pain go away from other injuries and did make the cracked rib mush easier to deal with.

May 15, 2011 12:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I have taken 4 of these pills. The first one gave me no pain relief. I took a second 3 hours later. I got pain relief, also dizziness, exhaustion, inability to sleep, crying spells. I tried two pills at bedtime hoping to get good pain relief and be able to sleep. Was up all night, restless, tossing and turning. Woke up this morning and now 10 hours after taking the medicines am still nauseated and dizzy.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 13, 2011 10:03 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Works great if you have flank pain from kidney stones/Polycystic Kidney Disease!

March 21, 2011 1:26 AM
Review by kellyyyy: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I was given Vicodin after having all 4 wisdom teeth removed. From the first day to a week later, I took half a Vicodin every 3 hours or so, and I never felt a single pain or throb. Worked great!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2011 5:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am 28 and have severe RA and fibromyalgia. I was on Darvocet which worked good. But then that was taken off the market. I've been on Vicodin for a little while now and it works wonders for me. Which is great since I'm up chasing my 5 yr old all day. It's the only other medicine I've tried that actually works.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 17, 2011 2:14 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I had appendicitis and the pain after I had surgery was horrible. I'm the sort of person who hates taking medicine, but I gave in and took some. It worked very well. I'm not sure if it was because I couldn't sleep because of the pain or that the Vicodin made me drowsy, but I fell asleep around 30 minutes after I took it every time. A few months later when I had my wisdom teeth out, I also took Vicodin and it let me get sleep then too. No other side effects.

February 16, 2011 8:53 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: As a change I was given Vicodin for rheumatoid arthritis, as other medicines weren't controlling pain that much. So far it has helped a lot.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 5, 2011 4:35 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I just had some teeth pulled and was prescribed Vicodin. I got home and took one to relieve the pain and within 15 minutes I was covered in hives from head to toe. My son drove me to the hospital and by the time we arrived just 10 minutes later my hands were turning blue and my BP was extremely low. After 6 hours of Benadryl, Epi-Pen, and my blood pressure rose to 91/63. I was able to go home with the warning that over the next few days I could have that same reaction without having to take another pill. So with a large dose prescription of corticosteriods to try to prevent that from happening and an Epi-Pen in case it does, I am taking Motrin and suffering through a little bit of discomfort.

September 12, 2010 11:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: It was effective and I am relieved that it worked for me. I am allergic to codeine so this is a great alternative.

August 9, 2010 10:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I was prescribed Vicoden to control pain when I got my wisdom teeth taken out and thank goodness I was. This medicine literally takes away all of my pain, which is unusual, because I am very sensitive towards teeth/mouth pain. My only complaint is that about 20 minutes after I take the pill, I literally cannot do anything. I have to lay with my eyes closed because I am literally incapable of doing anything else. But, if this side effect is the worst that I get (which is so far the only side effect), it is a small price to pay for all of my mouth pain to be gone. I would recommend this.

July 27, 2010 3:00 PM
Review by jglo: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I have had numerous teeth pulled recently, getting ready for dentures and first I was prescribed Demerol which made me feel ill and personally I still felt pain. Then it was Percocet which worked great for pain but made me itch. Finally Vicodin 5 mg which I had to take 1 and a half to knock out all the pain. My dentist tried Vicoprophen 7.5 which worked absolutely perfectly but was a bit expensive compared to regular Vicodin. Well he prescribed Vicodin 7.5/500 and 1 tablet works wonders. I was told that I could take 2 at a time if needed but so far 1 seems to work for about 5 hours. I was told that I could build up a quick tolerance to the drug so I take 800 mg ibuprofen unless I really need the Vicodin.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 2, 2010 2:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I take 3 to 5 x 750 during the day(work days) for my back and shoulder pain, due to a car accident. I take 1 before bed time for my shoulder and it works fine. I only take them if I really need them. But they work for me.

June 11, 2010 8:25 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Prescribed when I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed. This worked well on the first day at taking the pain away, but I was unable to sleep. After about the third dose severe nausea kicked in, as well as constipation and insomnia.

June 6, 2010 5:40 AM
Review by chronic pain: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I was involved on an job related accident 3-18-95. I had 2 major surgeries on my back. I have been on Duragesic patches, spinal cord stimulator, morphine pump, Actiq lozenges. I have received more relief from hydrocodone and have led a more productive life along with returning back to work full time.

May 31, 2010 9:48 PM