User Reviews for Vicodin

Learn more about Vicodin.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 6 reviews 341 medications

9.4
Pain 95 reviews 912 medications

7.9
Back Pain 11 reviews 174 medications

7.9
Summary of Vicodin reviews 112 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Vicodin

For Pain "I have an Arnold chiari stage 3, severe scolosis with Harrington rods, and bulging discs at L4-L5 and C4-5-6. I have found that Vicodin is the only pain killer that works well enough for me to function. I have two young kids who need me to be able to function, and a husband. I do caution to use this wisely. I don't notice any ill side effects."

Anonymous March 16, 2012

For Back Pain "I have an Arnold Chiari. And severe scolosis and ruptured disc at L4 L5. Vicodin is the only thing that gives me relief. I've tried just about every other pain pill out there and its been the best for me. Doctors in my area don't like to perscribe it because of the addiction issue. This really hurts the people who really need it."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

For Back Pain "I recently had an acute flare up with my Sciatica. The pain was unbearable with complete numbness down my right leg. I have suffered for 8 years with chronic sciatic pain wavering in intensity. This last time I went to my doctor requesting pain killer relief stronger than the Diclofenac and Baclofen I usually take which was ineffective. I was prescribed the 5/500 strength, 1 three times a day. This had zero effect on my pain. I took additional acetaminophen to augment the 500mg in the Vicodin. I have an appointment this week to seek a medicine that will bring me relief to I can enjoy life again."

Anonymous March 13, 2012

For Pain "I was literally unable to function during my menstrual cycle due to SEVERE menstrual cramps. Hunched over, crying, shivering, nauseous, insane level of cramps. I also suffer back pain. I used to attempt to deal with it by taking 800mg ibuprofen, which led to my getting painful gastritis in less than a year and ironically never even really worked. After getting my wisdom teeth pulled and having my cycle at the same time, I was enlightened to how this was the perfect pain management medication. "

Anonymous126 December 28, 2011

For Back Pain "I started taking Vicodin and carisoprodol 1 tab twice a day. I lived with pain for years until I started the medicines. But now it's creeping up to where I have to take them all the time. Usually I take two Vicodin and 1 carisoprodol or the other way around just to feel fine. I worry because I understand it can be addictive. "

Torres, S. December 3, 2011

For Pain "Vicodin was prescribed for my shoulder pain. After taking the medicine for 3 days without relief of my shoulder pain I quit taking the medicine."

Anonymous November 30, 2011

For Pain "I am in my 40's and have got Frozen Shoulder in my left shoulder. My doctor prescribed Vicodin 5-500mg and it takes the edge off the pain. After the the first prescription of 30 pill were gone I requested a refill my doctor said he would only refill that bottle once more and that is it. Stating that I would have to endure the pain. He did not want me to become addicted. Well I appreciate the concern, but what about my pain? My pills have not run out yet but when they do there will a constant pain. It affects my happiness, work, etc."

frozen in pain November 25, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "It works great for my arthritis. I can be mobile enough to even go to work."

Nancycatxx November 9, 2011

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "Dentist prescribed this after having 4 wisdom teeth extracted... this was a lifesaver. Not only did it help the pain but it made me feel really relaxed and I was able to sleep very well through the pain."

Anonymous October 29, 2011

For Pain "Vicodin works great for migraines. I have had migraines for over 20 years and Vicodin and Lorcet Plus are miracle medicines. I can function at work and at home. I don't miss work, it does it's job of killing a migraine that could last me for days. I have tried everything to treat migraine pain and I can tell you that this medicine is wonderful. Love, love love."

SanMeGal September 21, 2011

For Pain "I recently pulled a lower back muscle trying to put a generator onto a cart at Lowes. The pain was not too bad so I carried on and tried to work through the pain (I have pulled it before) well that was a week ago. Yesterday I went to the gym to sit in the Sauna to help loosen it up, which it did but while walking out I stumbled and my back locked up. The spasm was bad. I managed to get home and I was able to stretch out, but this morning I started getting lower back spasms something fierce. I was unable to move without a spasm. Well right now, still on bed, but I am taking Vicodin (pain) and flexeril (muscle relaxer) I hope to be up soon. Thank you all for your posts. They helped me get through this nightmare."

Sluggo6 September 15, 2011

For Pain "I take this medicine for the treatment of chronic pancreatitis. Its a good medicine and works well."

jennpugli August 31, 2011

For Pain "Good but not very effective for me (pain related to Lupus)..especially in low doses. I've never taken opiates before and with this I still find myself in pain. I do better with Toradol."

Anonymous August 22, 2011

For Pain "I have had 3 shoulder surgeries in 16 months. My pain medications have been changed several times. I also have had gastric bypass, so this medication upsets my stomach a lot. I am working with my doctor to change me to something that protects my pouch and liver."

t1 August 18, 2011

For Back Pain "I have chronic sciatica from wearing a gun belt for 15 years. This is the only medicine that helps me to live pain free. I have to work to support myself and try and save my house. If I am in pain I have to call in sick and then its downhill. "

Anonymous August 8, 2011

For Pain "Vicodin is an excellent pain killer for oral or any kind of surgery to bring home. It doesn't make me sick to my stomach the way some other pain pills do. I have Fibromyalgia and CFS and took it for that type of pain but it was too short acting and I needed to keep increasing the dose. It also has a lot of Tylenol in it for long term use which can damage the liver so I'm on something else now for my Fibromyalgia pain. It does the job very well for short term pain relief."

Larrk July 24, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I used to play golf three days a week but with much pain afterwards. I've been put on Vicodin on a regular basis. I take as needed not more than prescribed and it has worked wonders."

bubbajon June 28, 2011

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Back Pain "Works well to treat moderate pain and increase flexibility. If new to usage you can expect a "head buzz" but with continued usage the euphoria dissipates, but the pharmaceutical effects remain. Does tend to cause constipation, but by comparison to some other pain killers out there, it is far more manageable. Prescribed to me with muscle relaxers, but the muscle relaxers make me too sleepy to function."

Anonymous June 24, 2011

For Pain "Built up a tolerance to it very quickly and made me itch like crazy."

Anonymous May 26, 2011

For Pain "I took it for a cracked rib. But if any of you who have been in this boat know, there is nothing you can do for a cracked rib. But taking Vicodin made the rest of my pain go away from other injuries and did make the cracked rib mush easier to deal with."

Lcpl of Marines May 15, 2011

For Pain "I have taken 4 of these pills. The first one gave me no pain relief. I took a second 3 hours later. I got pain relief, also dizziness, exhaustion, inability to sleep, crying spells. I tried two pills at bedtime hoping to get good pain relief and be able to sleep. Was up all night, restless, tossing and turning. Woke up this morning and now 10 hours after taking the medicines am still nauseated and dizzy. "

Anonymous May 13, 2011

For Pain "Works great if you have flank pain from kidney stones/Polycystic Kidney Disease!"

Anonymous March 21, 2011

For Pain "I was given Vicodin after having all 4 wisdom teeth removed. From the first day to a week later, I took half a Vicodin every 3 hours or so, and I never felt a single pain or throb. Worked great!"

kellyyyy March 13, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I am 28 and have severe RA and fibromyalgia. I was on Darvocet which worked good. But then that was taken off the market. I've been on Vicodin for a little while now and it works wonders for me. Which is great since I'm up chasing my 5 yr old all day. It's the only other medicine I've tried that actually works."

Anonymous February 17, 2011

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I had appendicitis and the pain after I had surgery was horrible. I'm the sort of person who hates taking medicine, but I gave in and took some. It worked very well. I'm not sure if it was because I couldn't sleep because of the pain or that the Vicodin made me drowsy, but I fell asleep around 30 minutes after I took it every time. A few months later when I had my wisdom teeth out, I also took Vicodin and it let me get sleep then too. No other side effects."

Anonymous February 16, 2011