User Reviews for Vicodin

Learn more about Vicodin.

Vicodin review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 246 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Vicodin to treat Back Pain

Review by teacherdot (taken for less than 1 month):

No lessening of pain in legs.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2014 11:21 PM

Review by EEC (taken for less than 1 month):

A few years ago, I was setting on the floor getting my bills ready for taxes, leaned forward to grab a bill and got "stuck". Could not move. The doctor prescribed Vicodin. It caused a blinding headache. Still had the Back pain and the headache was almost worse than a migraine.

February 20, 2014 7:08 PM

Review by annie_1962:

I have been diagnosed with severe chronic pain due to herniated disc which causes sciatica. I have tried everything over the counter... NOTHING WORKS. Yet, one Vicodin and the pain finally went away. Unfortunately only temporary.

March 21, 2013 7:55 PM

Review by Noelle1989:

I fell flat on my back and have been using this for 2 months. It works but really wakes me up! I need something else that makes me a little more sleepy.

March 20, 2013 12:30 PM

Review by painful life (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

This did take away the pain and got me of the bed it let me do what I had to do. I did not get withdrawals when I stopped it.

October 18, 2012 8:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

I was prescribed Vicodin when I had my 1st back surgery 15 yrs ago! It helped and 2 years later I had my 2nd back surgery! The Vicodin became less effective so I went to pain management and was put on the Duragesic patch which changed my life with the pain! I took myself off of Vicodin and eventually took myself off of the patch! I still live in pain but no longer depend on pain medication.

August 17, 2012 9:58 PM

I have an Arnold Chiari. And severe scolosis and ruptured disc at L4 L5. Vicodin is the only thing that gives me relief. I've tried just about every other pain pill out there and its been the best for me. Doctors in my area don't like to perscribe it because of the addiction issue. This really hurts the people who really need it.

March 15, 2012 8:12 PM

I recently had an acute flare up with my Sciatica. The pain was unbearable with complete numbness down my right leg. I have suffered for 8 years with chronic sciatic pain wavering in intensity. This last time I went to my doctor requesting pain killer relief stronger than the Diclofenac and Baclofen I usually take which was ineffective. I was prescribed the 5/500 strength, 1 three times a day. This had zero effect on my pain. I took additional acetaminophen to augment the 500mg in the Vicodin. I have an appointment this week to seek a medicine that will bring me relief to I can enjoy life again.

March 13, 2012 12:01 AM

Review by Torres, S.:

I started taking Vicodin and carisoprodol 1 tab twice a day. I lived with pain for years until I started the medicines. But now it's creeping up to where I have to take them all the time. Usually I take two Vicodin and 1 carisoprodol or the other way around just to feel fine. I worry because I understand it can be addictive.

December 3, 2011 1:47 PM

I have chronic sciatica from wearing a gun belt for 15 years. This is the only medicine that helps me to live pain free. I have to work to support myself and try and save my house. If I am in pain I have to call in sick and then its downhill.

August 8, 2011 11:50 PM

Works well to treat moderate pain and increase flexibility. If new to usage you can expect a "head buzz" but with continued usage the euphoria dissipates, but the pharmaceutical effects remain. Does tend to cause constipation, but by comparison to some other pain killers out there, it is far more manageable. Prescribed to me with muscle relaxers, but the muscle relaxers make me too sleepy to function.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2011 11:20 PM