User Reviews for Acetaminophen / hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, ...show all 33 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Cough 17 reviews 747 medications

8.1
Pain 405 reviews 1059 medications

Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 601 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

For Pain: "Hello all, I had the worst experience of my life with medication with this prescription (hydrocodone-acetaphetomen 5-325). Now I took Vicodin years ago after I got in a bad car wreck, and it worked great. THIS IS NOT the same. I took this for getting a tooth pulled. I took one on the first night, no real relief. The next morning the gum is still bugging me, Pharmacist recommends I take 2. Within one hour I'm spaced out sick, dizzy, and short of breath. I literally felt like I was going to die. I call the Pharmacist back who assures me it will pass, I don't need to go to an ER. So I wait it out,took 10 HOURS to pass. Scariest part being the shortness of breath.DO NOT TAKE THIS, I can't warn you enough. It is not the Vicodin of the past"

DJ37 February 5, 2016

For Back Pain: "I received 5/325 prescription to pass a kidney stone or pain thought to be from stones. It helped to lesson the ache so I could sleep but after just a few days the dose didn't do much of anything. Taking 10/325 helps but I can't function on it. Ten days later since ER trip and even taking one pill or less a day and I feel kind of like a zombie, have nausea and dark urine. I do not know for a fact it's from the medicine so I do think it's worth trying if you have mild to medium pain. I wouldn't make a habit of it since its known to be very addictive...if you can deal with the pain."

Tuffypaws (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Since I take 3 time a days for 24 yrs it help a lot and I knows it willbecareful of this and safety"

Deafdog50 January 23, 2016

For Cough: "When I get a cold I get the worst cough imaginable. I actually reach a point where I feel I'm choking and gasping for air. I have had this problem my whole life (50 years) and I have only found one thing that works and that is Hydrocodone Acet It works within a couple minutes of taking it and lasts for at least 4 hours. It is a miracle drug to me. Because it is a narcotic, I only allow myself to take it at night time and has to be a horrible horrible cough. Lucky - no side effects."

Postive!!! December 26, 2015

For Pain: "I've been taking this medication for 6 years. Just last month the pharmacy gave me this other brand which had U03 on it. I've never seen this one before. The effectiveness of this was not good. It made me sick to my stomach also. I've never had a issue with 10/325 hydrocodone until this months supply. Will never get these again!"

She.she (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "This drug is better than nothing. I wonder why it is used for severe pain. It doesn't help stabbing nerve pain. It helps back pain (herniated disks, arthritis, degenerative disk disease) a little. Not much help for neck pain either. I need Lyrica for neuropathy and the two give some relief for fibromyalgia and arthritis (along with glucosamine). My pain level remains disabling."

Ivory dream (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This medication was similar to taking just Tylenol. Did not improve my mobility at all and did not touch my pain level."

vcnacona (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "This is one of the most amazing medicines; and, when used correctly, can neutralize body pain and help you feel like normal again. Also, it is one of the only medicines on the market that does not make me feel loopy and can function effectively on it. Before taking this I had hip, shoulder, back and foot pain/arthritis and was unable to walk on my foot for several months before getting this medicine. all good now!"

Truly Amazed December 6, 2015

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "There are only a few temporary pain medications that are better than this, and this should be highly considered upon initial severe pain relief until a more permanent solution can be sought after."

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "For severe pain and problems in the lower back this should be the very least that is recommended for pain, at least temporarily until something else can be figured out (injection blocks, PT, etc). This has helped me more than almost anything else I've tried, and after taking these my sharp shooting pain turns into just a "heart-beat" type throb that I can feel in my lower back."

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Had back surgeries and neck, after I fractured both. Have titanium plates in my neck and cadaver bones in my lower back. Tried eveything. Naproxen, percocet, oxycontin, vicodin. Lortab is the only one that I can take that let's me get on with my life. Tho, I do have to watch when I take it, mostly before I do anything strenuous, and 3 hours before bed. For day to day stuff it works the absolute best."

smokeeater (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 24, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I have Fibro, Spinal Stenosis (severe) and Neuropathy, and occasional migraine headaches. I've been taking the Norco 7.5/325 for five years and it works, along with my 90mg of Cymbalta and 10mg Valium x2 a day. I haven't had to ask for an increase in my meds ever. The pain is always there but manageable. I can grocery shop and do light housework daily. I can drive myself with no danger. I have taken myself off the Norco quite a few times. I might go five to seven days without it just to see if I'm addicted. I hurt a lot but even though I have a full bottle in the bathroom I'm able to resist taking them and not get sick."

Fibro Gal November 18, 2015

For Back Pain: "does the job"

djneiditch November 18, 2015

For Pain: "I have been put on all types of pain medication and this one does the trick of easing pain. I am highly allergic to the non-steriodal anti-inflammatory drug family."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) November 5, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "Norco has been good to relieve my pain from my L2, L3, L4 discs herniated and resulting pain level 8 in lower back and down the sciatica nerve in my legs. much better than morphine which makes me feel like I'm asleep and trying to move thru cement. It really has done a good job of lowering the pain level and consequently I can function relatively well and get some things done each day, giving me a better quality of life instead of just focusing on the pain. I know I've become addicted but I'd rather be addicted to something that helps me than constantly suffer from pain and have misery day after day."

caddiwoo (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have psoriatic oseto arthritis and this controls pain well at 1 mg 4 times daily Heavy fatigue, low blood pressure"

rmkardes (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 9, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have severe Fibromyalgia with migraine/tension headaches and Chronic Fatigue. I also have osteoarthritis in my hips and lower back. I've already had one SI joint fusion. I am on disability because of the Fibromyalgia. I have used Norco 10/325 for several years. It controls the pain well and at this point I am able to manage on only 1-2 tablets a day. I have to manage my pain to be able to function, otherwise depression sets in with the pain and I just want to stay in bed. I may be somewhat dependent on Norco now but it's worth it to have a life."

Teri H October 1, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "About a 2 months ago I started having severe abdominal pain, my doctor started me on Norcos and now for the first time in two months I feel normal again. I am able to control my pain and now I can live my life relatively pain free."

cpocowatchit (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

For Back Pain: "Helps my pain takes the edge off it enables me to move around it does not relieve all my pain but makes it tolerable. I have sciatica and some days I can't stand, sit,or even lay down due to back pain and it gives me some relief."

John schuck (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 10, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I found Norco to be highly effective in keeping my back, shoulder, and neck pain under control and still allowing me to function as a professional (at least for the most part). I have taken Norco on and off over the last three years due to a series of accidents. I have taken Norco as my only source of pain medication, and, I found it was pretty easy for me to leave behind once the the injury was healed. I had two surgeries this summer (June and July). I began taking Norco in April, and had shoulder surgery in June and continued on the Norco. In July I had spinal surgery and was put on Dilaudid and MS Contin for four weeks. At the end of the four weeks my withdrawal symptoms were exceedingly painful, both physically and mentally."

Sammy Jr. August 30, 2015

For Back Pain: "I have been taking this for about 3 days for back pain.. along with flexeril due to back spasms making it difficult to breath without pain... at first it was just taking deep breaths then breathing in general began to be painful because it was putting a lot of pressure on my back causing more spasms and pain. I tried Tylenol and ibprofin and it wasn't really helping. The hydrocod/aceta 5-325 mg has been so much help. I can breath now without pain however when the med wears off I feel like I have been hit by a bus. The Dr put 1-2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours but I am seeing that 1 in the morning and 1 before bed does justice. Hopefully soon the pain completely goes away...."

Milisa August 25, 2015

For Pain: "Fair"

Anonymous August 21, 2015

For Back Pain: "Does not last like yellow norco"

Louie ro August 20, 2015

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Over the past two and a half years since I had major shoulder surgery the recovery has been slow. I've recently been diagnosed with arthritis and C6-7 cervical degenerative disc disease with C5-6 and C6-7 narrowing of the neural foramen. I was prescribed naproxen at one point which helped a little. I was taken off of it due to the amount I was taking a day. Up to 3200mg. I was also prescribed ambien because I couldn't sleep because of the pain. I started to sleep walk on four different occasions where my wife found me elsewhere from where I went to sleep. I called my doc and he took me off and I was prescribed hydrocodone and acetaminophen combo. That was the best thing that could have happened for me. I'm no longer in constant pain."

Was always in pain August 18, 2015

For Pain: "After colo rectal cancer I have been on pain meds. The 10 /325 allows me to have a,life. I do take other meds but this is the best for pain. I have neeve damage ect ect . I have all kind of issues and a colostomy. I'm thankful for my pain meds. Just don't abuse any medication."

mookie1027 August 18, 2015