User Reviews for Acetaminophen / hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, ...show all 33 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 250 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone to treat Back Pain

"I received 5/325 prescription to pass a kidney stone or pain thought to be from stones. It helped to lesson the ache so I could sleep but after just a few days the dose didn't do much of anything. Taking 10/325 helps but I can't function on it. Ten days later since ER trip and even taking one pill or less a day and I feel kind of like a zombie, have nausea and dark urine. I do not know for a fact it's from the medicine so I do think it's worth trying if you have mild to medium pain. I wouldn't make a habit of it since its known to be very addictive...if you can deal with the pain."

Tuffypaws (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "There are only a few temporary pain medications that are better than this, and this should be highly considered upon initial severe pain relief until a more permanent solution can be sought after."

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "For severe pain and problems in the lower back this should be the very least that is recommended for pain, at least temporarily until something else can be figured out (injection blocks, PT, etc). This has helped me more than almost anything else I've tried, and after taking these my sharp shooting pain turns into just a "heart-beat" type throb that I can feel in my lower back."

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "I have Fibro, Spinal Stenosis (severe) and Neuropathy, and occasional migraine headaches. I've been taking the Norco 7.5/325 for five years and it works, along with my 90mg of Cymbalta and 10mg Valium x2 a day. I haven't had to ask for an increase in my meds ever. The pain is always there but manageable. I can grocery shop and do light housework daily. I can drive myself with no danger. I have taken myself off the Norco quite a few times. I might go five to seven days without it just to see if I'm addicted. I hurt a lot but even though I have a full bottle in the bathroom I'm able to resist taking them and not get sick."

Fibro Gal November 18, 2015

"does the job"

djneiditch November 18, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "Norco has been good to relieve my pain from my L2, L3, L4 discs herniated and resulting pain level 8 in lower back and down the sciatica nerve in my legs. much better than morphine which makes me feel like I'm asleep and trying to move thru cement. It really has done a good job of lowering the pain level and consequently I can function relatively well and get some things done each day, giving me a better quality of life instead of just focusing on the pain. I know I've become addicted but I'd rather be addicted to something that helps me than constantly suffer from pain and have misery day after day."

caddiwoo (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2015

"Helps my pain takes the edge off it enables me to move around it does not relieve all my pain but makes it tolerable. I have sciatica and some days I can't stand, sit,or even lay down due to back pain and it gives me some relief."

John schuck (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 10, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "I found Norco to be highly effective in keeping my back, shoulder, and neck pain under control and still allowing me to function as a professional (at least for the most part). I have taken Norco on and off over the last three years due to a series of accidents. I have taken Norco as my only source of pain medication, and, I found it was pretty easy for me to leave behind once the the injury was healed. I had two surgeries this summer (June and July). I began taking Norco in April, and had shoulder surgery in June and continued on the Norco. In July I had spinal surgery and was put on Dilaudid and MS Contin for four weeks. At the end of the four weeks my withdrawal symptoms were exceedingly painful, both physically and mentally."

Sammy Jr. August 30, 2015

"I have been taking this for about 3 days for back pain.. along with flexeril due to back spasms making it difficult to breath without pain... at first it was just taking deep breaths then breathing in general began to be painful because it was putting a lot of pressure on my back causing more spasms and pain. I tried Tylenol and ibprofin and it wasn't really helping. The hydrocod/aceta 5-325 mg has been so much help. I can breath now without pain however when the med wears off I feel like I have been hit by a bus. The Dr put 1-2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours but I am seeing that 1 in the morning and 1 before bed does justice. Hopefully soon the pain completely goes away...."

Milisa August 25, 2015

"Does not last like yellow norco"

Louie ro August 20, 2015

"I have had 24 surgeries over the past 18 years had a very severe fall this medication has made it possible for me to live a normal life I have heard of people abusing this drug maybe I'm the lucky 1 because if I take more than it says to take or too soon it makes me nauseous but only if I don't wait at least 5 hours between doses"

Markie mapo (taken for 10 years or more) August 8, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "I take hydrocodone 10mg/325MG. Of acetaminophen. I have bulging disks in my lower back on my spine and they hit certain nerves. I have had a great experience with this medicine. I don't have any side effects except for some itching. It allows me to function and continue to work a fast paced job where I'm on my feet. You just have to careful to not take more than prescribed because most people don't realize how addicting it can be. Read the papers that you get from the pharmacy and ask questions. If used correctly this drug is very beneficial."

Brandon 33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2015

"It worked rather well the only problem was I had a rough time making a bowel moment"

kiakia July 28, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "I'm 59, have sciatica, and it's progressed to where I know I don't have to live in constant pain. I've been a narcotic user most of my life so the 5mg didn't do much and certainly after a short period didn't do anything if taken as directed. I've upped it to 7.5's and relief was significant and am now taking 10mg and the relief is amazing. I was concerned because I've been a narcotic user for so much of my life but it works and I didn't want to push it by going the oxy route. I've been saying the same thing to people who don't understand. I call it a managed habit. There were several times I couldn't even sit in this chair and log on to the computer."

pudman56 June 25, 2015

"My experience with this drug was very good it help my pain. I would recommend it to others if they were in pain. Do not abuse this drug that ruins it for the people who really need it"

good guy June 19, 2015

"This is a very good pain reliever, I don't find it addictive at all. I will say that is seems to suppress normal dreams because immediately after I quit taking it I have an explosion of unusual dreams. But that settles down within a few nights."

Jeffey June 5, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "Went to ER with severe lower back pain that went down my leg. Diagnosed as sciatica and given norco 10. It totally knocked me out but did take my pain from an 8 to a 0! Broke it in half so I could stay awake after that."

Recurring pain (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "i'm taking norco 10/325 for over ten years on and off i'm over sixty five, i've recently came to the reality that this wonder drug has lowered my back pain, diabetes sugar, depression, and neuropathy pain. i've been told i have reverse side effects form this medication then the average patients the doctor attends to. everyone else says oh your hooked on pain meds, so what. if they help all of these problems i have and have no bad side effects i can't live with. the best to this drug."

ezzboat (taken for 10 years or more) May 27, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "I had suffered Degenerative Disc Disease with two bulging discs at L4 and L5 with Annular Tear and Spinal Stenosis since May 2006. No injury or accident. Right side leg went completely numb on me and sent me to the ER; Within a week I had an awesome Dr helping me with this med, Flexeril and Naprosyn. As well as Physical Therapy and Chiropractic Care. I became pain free in November 2006. Then I got pregnant and in December 2010 the pain was so severe that I had to go on Norco & do Physical Therapy again for two months. Needless I went into Pain Mgmnt with an Awesome Dr and of course tried and failed Morphine, Fentanyl, Oxycontin with OxyIR, Neurontin, and this was always reverted back to Norco. Had Spinal Fusion and Norco was what worked."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2015

"I have chronic back pain due to herniated disks, sciatica and left knee because of torn meniscus, Bakers cyst as well as osteoarthritis. I had reached the point that I could barely walk except for very short distances around the house. I take Norco 5/325. I have had injections to both back and knee with some short term relief. With Norco I was able to participate in Aquatherapy and take my small dog for slow walks of 20-30 minutes & do some core strengthening exercises. Norco does not completely erase the pain but reduces it to a tolerable level that allows me to be more active. CDK & gastritis rule out NSAIDs. Norco does not make me nauseousis. With the change in the status of Norco I now have to see a pain specialist monthly for a new Rx."

Livingw/pain (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "Does not relieve pain. Just keeps me active moderately. I suffer from bulging discs in my neck."

ddd33 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2015

"I have 2 titanium rods, plates, and 6 screws in my lower lumbar , due to disc degeneration, which with the diagnosis alone U can only imagine the pain and that it will continue to happen all the way up my spine, it is inherited disease , I had first operation when I was 35 yrs old, and I am 40 now, have been on ALL pain meds there is out there, and I always ended back taken Norco (hydrocodone 10/325) due to it DOES dull my pain , enough that I can get around alil for a couple hrs a day, but I wish I didn't have to get use to living with a 7 or 8 on pain scale, thinking that was normal... CAUSE IT IS NOT NORMAL TO LIVE IN PAIN NON STOP!!~!"

Blk-halk March 2, 2015

"I've got three herniated lumbar discs, severe pain in my lower back and sciatica pain down my legs. After my doctor put me on Norco 7.5 I finally have enough pain relief and I can focus more on my job and get some things done. It helps restore some quality of life."

caddiwoo January 27, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "I did 6 years active duty with the army as an infantry soldier. I've been in the Iraq war in 2004, and the war in Afghanistan in 2006. During combat I've been in 6 IED explosions. A gun shot through my left shin, nerve damage to my whole right hand. Compressed 3 disc, and shattered 1 in my lower back. I have Traumatic brain injury which causes horrible migraines. I've been on everything since 2007...Oxycontin 80mg, 30mg Roxy's, 125mg fentanyl patches, morphine 60mgs, etc. Currently I'm on 10/325 Norco 6 times a day. I've grown dependent and tolerant to opiates. But Norco is by far the best medicine to make my chronic pain tolerable. And the side effects are close to none. I highly recommend this for chronic pain."

rocko00 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2014

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "Best if using to think that this medication was bumped to schedule II on October, 6th 2014! It helps with pain. But must see the doc every month, which is a painful journey among other daily activities that can burden those who have permanent back damage, or Chronic (close to permanent back pain) ~back pain. Best to get 10mg dose, then able to break and take less or more depending on the day, pain, movement anticipated, etc. "

days4444 (taken for 10 years or more) November 17, 2014