User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, ...show all 31 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone review summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 246 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone to treat Back Pain

Review by Bubba,Sherm (taken for less than 1 month):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): I was in a recent accident. I was hit from behind. I had to go to thee emergency room. I have a Concussion, Lubosacrial Strain, Cervical Strain etc. I have not taken to much of the medication yet. I rate this medication a 8 because, it helps you sleep and it helps with the back pain very good. Not too many side effects. I have to wear a cervical collar for awhile and I was diagnosed as having Acute head Injury. I hope all will be ok.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 12, 2014 10:03 PM

Review by tonye320 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I've been on Hydrocodone 10/325 for almost a year now and it works great! I suffer from chronic sciatica pain caused by L4-L5 disc. It dosen't get rid of the pain completely but it makes it more tolerable.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2014 8:39 PM

Review by Flutejerry (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Significan Arthritis at L4,5, and S1 with no surgical options. Muscle spasms that will put me on my knees and I'm over six feet tall; long way to fall. I've been on 10/325 for about five years; that's a long time. I take ONE a day usually late afternoon. Typically I get a little drowsy but can work through any residual pain until bed time. Oh, I've also got two artificial knees thanks to my service in the US Navy. And this stuff works on the pain from them too. Yes, artificial knees can still hurt you. I'd prefer to have the back pain dealt with at it's source rather than it's symptoms, but to date, no one has any idea about how to do that. Until then, I keep a bottle of pain killers near by.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 4:04 PM

Review by Terry669:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): Best med for back pain

May 28, 2014 5:48 PM

Review by Without (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): Works great for my pain.

April 5, 2014 9:46 AM

Review by teveland60422:

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): Okay well at FIRST this medication was pretty cool, it took away ALL my pain and not only that but gave me extra energy as well. Before I had my son I would not let doctors prescribe me narcotic pain killers for anything, as I had been addicted to Vicodin in the past. SO, my son was born and I then developed bursitis from years of running in the army, working out, and a combo of a hip surgery and other factors. At first I went to chiropractor 3x a week, massage therapy, physical therapy and finally told the doctor I HAD to have some pain medication, it was so bad it changed my life. Started taking these 2 years ago & now they don't help me but if i DON'T take them I get sick! :( wish I'd never started on them now.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2014 9:23 AM

Review by Texas Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): Had a double Discectomy on L1 & L2 fourteen months ago that put me in a wheelchair for 3 months. This was due to nerve damage from the two Herniated Discs. After the wheelchair I used a walker for 9 months. Now fourteen months later I am starting to walk with the aid of cane and continuous Physical Therapy. I do still use the walker at the end of the day but am trying to transition to the cane full time. I hope to be able to walk again someday without the help of any aids. During all this time I was and still am in lots of pain but nothing like it was before surgery. The Norco 10/325 made/makes my pain bearable.

March 28, 2014 12:55 PM

Review by chris7327 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): It helps my upper back pain a lot. Norco has been the only thing that has been able to help me.

March 25, 2014 5:04 AM

Review by projboss (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): So far I am able to control my pain with 10-325. I have another fusion in July. I hope this will be the end of needing medicine to control my severe pain.

March 21, 2014 5:11 PM

Review by Billy P.:

Had 2 herniated disks L4-L5 and L5-S1 one of them at 7mm and one at 9.5 mm herniation. Without an operation I'd be wearing a bag to pee in for the rest of my life at a young age. Dr. Cut the disk shaved the bone on my spine. Been on meds 10/325 Norco for like 4yrs relieves morning wake up pain and all day on my feet night pain. They do help . Before the operation nothing helped.

March 18, 2014 6:40 PM

Review by Ela May:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): Car accident at 21 I am now 35. My back had became severe, finally had to find help. The doc gave me Norco. It along with steroid injections has now given me a normal life.

March 2, 2014 9:38 PM

Review by sopranofan (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Lorcet 10/650 (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): This medication gave me COMPLETE AND TOTAL relief for the herniated discs in my lower back before the pain turned from Acute to Chronic. I was on Vicodin ES before that and when I was having pain at night my orthopedist put me on this and it worked great!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2014 7:01 AM

Review by EEC (taken for less than 1 month):

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): A few years ago, I was setting on the floor getting my bills ready for taxes, leaned forward to grab a bill and got "stuck". Could not move. The doctor prescribed Vicodin. It caused a blinding headache. Still had the Back pain and the headache was almost worse than a migraine.

February 20, 2014 7:08 PM

Review by Pamela botts:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): Low back pain, leg pain.

February 8, 2014 8:46 PM

Review by king1120:

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): Helps very much

January 6, 2014 2:16 PM

Review by gdub.. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

After 4 lumbar surgeries, pain in my legs and lower back were extremely intense with a maximum sitting time of 10 minutes before pain reach a 9. I worked with a pain management clinic and was prescribed hydrocodone. This pain reliever helped for about 6 months and then the pain seemed to have increased to an unmanageable level. I worked with the pain management center and was prescribed Nucynta ER 200mg. The combination of Nucynta and Hydrocodone provide a level of pain relief that makes life tolerable. I can work a 45 hr week provided I have the pain relievers. Without the pain relievers I would likely be not able to work.

December 28, 2013 11:37 AM

Review by determinedladee (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): I have had 3 surgeries regarding my spine. 2 neck operations, 1 low back discetomy. I have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. I have elected several times to go without the medication to see how my body responds on other over the counter medications. Nothing worked. I also tried alternative medication prescribed from my pain management doctor to see if that would work, it did not. I have been taking Lortab 7.5 for 6yrs now responsibly and without it I have very poorly controlled pain.

December 18, 2013 7:57 AM

Review by Antonio E (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have chronic lower and upper back pain.This is the only medication that takes the pain away and allows me to work and go on with my day without pain.

November 26, 2013 9:38 PM

Review by Treecy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): I've been taking the Norco 10mg/325 for a month now and they work great for my back and hip pain.

November 20, 2013 2:37 PM

Review by angel love (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): Given for back pain due to ruptured disc it works fairly well. Thanks

October 27, 2013 5:15 PM

Review by Robert flores (taken for less than 1 month):

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): I got injured at work from my upper back part, affortunally it was a mucle spam, the pain make me felt on the floor but after dr. Seen me he prescribed me hydrocodone/acetaminophen and it really works, the pain was there but not strong like the first day every time I miss a dosis pain came back but it disappear after every dose. They work very good.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2013 1:37 AM

Review by Kanu:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): I'm a former parole officer who suffered a back injury from a parolee assaulting and escaping from jail back in 1989. I had tried everything for relief of severe back flare-ups that occur and the resulting pain I have in my back, legs and neck frequently. Norco was prescribed by my doctor about 3 years ago and I cannot believe the results from this medication. I am very happy that this medication has allowed me to carry on a normal life again.

October 24, 2013 11:49 PM

Review by Cryptical Envelopement (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Lorcet 10/650 (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): Very effective, helps daily motivation in terms of getting going without that shocking, nagging pain. Its depressing but helps the body function where without the medication its demotivating and furthers the negative aspect of ones well-being and self worth toward a productive life and social feeling of being needed. The medication simply assists me to function where without I am no longer an asset to anything up to this point in my life, including my own self esteem.

October 13, 2013 3:36 AM

Review by NORCO 10-325 (taken for 10 years or more):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): Two major lower back surgeries, was in major pain ! A Doctor told me about NORCO and I tried NORCO with great success for 10 years. I realize that is a long time to take this! I now have pain management special Doctor and have tried other products to stop the pain. I have always came back to the NORCO 10-325 because it did the job for me. NORCO 10-325 gave me my life back. My pain is under control with this product.

September 18, 2013 8:52 PM

Review by George3412:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): Had two failed back surgeries and started taking Norco 10/325 with great success. without Norco pain level 8-9, with Norco 5-6.

August 29, 2013 9:44 PM