User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, ...show all 31 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Cough 15 reviews 770 medications

8.6
Pain 383 reviews 924 medications

Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 550 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Works excellent for all types of back pain associated with disc or nerve problems.

January 29, 2013 7:26 PM

For Pain: I have no history of "bad health" and being a 20 year old female, I was shock to find I had kidney stones. The pain was horrible and unbearable! I was given hydrocodone-acetaminophen & literally within 8-10 minutes the pain was no longer there! You do feel a bit drowsy in my case, but pain free.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2013 3:06 PM

Review by ELAINE C:

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: This medicine is a god send. I have 3 herniated disks in my back and sometimes can not get out of bed. Thanks to this medicine, I can have a good quality of life and do the things I need to do. It has helped me tremendously!

January 17, 2013 6:09 PM

Review by Caligula47:

For Pain: I have Diabetes which caused my painful neropathy in my hands and feet and all other pain medicines the doctor gave just put me to sleep. I am taking hydrocodone and it manages my pain and lets me live normal. I only take as needed.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2013 1:52 AM

Review by IslandgirlPR (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I have been taking this medication since 3/11 due to a compression fracture in my lower back suffered in a car accident. I can say that it has never completely taken away my pain for the full 8 hours as indicated between dosages. In the beginning it at least made the pain tolerable and I had to take it every 4 hours to at least get that level of relief. It is now 1/13 and I've been on it for almost 2 years. It does a decent job at pain relief for about 6 hours provided my level of activity is not excessive or strainous. A lot of days I find myself counting down the minutes from hour 6-8.

January 3, 2013 1:50 PM

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Took this medicine to treat pain from surgery. Stopped taking after two days. Nausea, vomit, light head, dizzy and headache. Glad I was able to pinpoint the association with my misery and Norco.

January 1, 2013 5:38 PM

Review by nl lady (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Back Pain: I can function much better.

December 21, 2012 11:51 AM

Review by Christ1174 (taken for less than 1 month):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: It is the first pain medicine that has worked for me.

December 8, 2012 11:57 AM

Review by Neighbor Haber:

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: 5 herniated discs here from L5-S1up. I take 1/2 tab every 2 hours and it makes life survivable. My thoughts and prayers are for all who suffer from chronic pain.

December 3, 2012 6:48 PM

Review by red_roses1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Lorcet 10/650 (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was out of hope for any medicine helping me. Then Lorcet changed my life by taking my pain away. I am so thankful for the pain relief from my Rheumatoid Arthritis and Neuropathy.

November 30, 2012 3:11 PM

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I had rotator cuff surgery on right shoulder and overused left as I am right handed, surgery went excellent but then pain to left side was tremendous. I had steriod shot with no relief followed by a couple of months taking Lortab 7.5mg with brief relief but the pain would come back full force. After changing scrip to Norco 5 325mg I felt relief after approx an hour, great feeling for a change. I still get up with the same pain but take the Norco and relief is on the way. I have had osteoporosis and osteo-arthritis for years and I highly recomend.

November 30, 2012 7:28 AM

Review by Sarsippius III (taken for less than 1 month):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: pain relief was OK but it caused terrible nausea and headaches after 3 days of taking 10/325 every four hours after shoulder surgery.

November 24, 2012 9:27 PM

Review by ellievald (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Fantastic pain relief.

November 19, 2012 12:59 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Hydrocodone with acetaminophen seems to be the only thing that works without side effects.

October 23, 2012 3:50 AM

Review by painful life (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: This did take away the pain and got me of the bed it let me do what I had to do. I did not get withdrawals when I stopped it.

October 18, 2012 8:50 PM

Review by keri30577 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Works great, without as much acetaminophen there is less risk of liver damage.

October 15, 2012 1:01 PM

Review by papa111 (taken for 10 years or more):

Lorcet 10/650 (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: This is the best back pain medication on the market. I have taken it since 1993 with no problems.

October 14, 2012 12:55 AM

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I have a bulging disc at L4/L5 that's pinching nerves in my back. Surgeon told me he would rather me go on pain medicines than go through with spinal fusion surgery. I'd never even heard of Norco before, but it is seriously an amazing pain medicine. I also get epidural steroid injections which provide much needed pain relief. I take one Norco 10/325 when I wake up, then one before dinner. Just those two pills make a huge difference in me living a "normal" life again. Gave it a 9 because I wish it lasted longer so I didn't have to take 2 pills a day.)

September 29, 2012 9:20 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: I have pain due to knee ligament damage. Meds last quite longer than some stronger meds but sometimes upset stomach occurs.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2012 11:02 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: Am 77 and have leg pain in evening, which restricts movement, etc. This relieves symptoms and I am able to continue daily functions much longer in day and gives me whole new latitudes on what I can/cannot do. Great medicine for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2012 6:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I was bitten by a rattlesnake on the ankle. The antivenom took the pain from a 10 to an 8 but besides that I was on Dilaudid every 4 hours and 10mg Norco every other 4 hours (so pain medicines every 2 hours). Norco was amazing. Worked fairly quickly. Used for a while until pain was gone. Top pain relief from a very painful situation.

September 22, 2012 5:07 PM

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Helps ALOT, without the help I wouldn't be able to get out of bed and live a " normal" life as just being able to enjoy my children, grandchildren their laughter smiles and even their tears. Instead of being in my bedroom in the worst pain ever.

September 19, 2012 11:43 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I have a lot of different types of pain, but the two constant pains I have are arthritis and tailbone pain. The best way I have found to describe it is that it's like sitting on a sharpened egg. For fourteen years . I am only pain free for about three hours every day. I take two Vicodin in the morning (my bedtime, as I work third shift). It takes about an hour to really hit. I take one when I wake up and four and one more when I go back to sleep for three hours at nine. With the two latter doses, my pain isn't completely gone, but the edge is dulled. I can deal with it. I have been taking Vicodin for eight years. If someone knows a physician who would be willing to remove my tailbone, it would probably cut my use in half.

September 19, 2012 6:56 PM

Review by big ball of pain (taken for less than 1 month):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Still have pain and I itch all day and night.

August 30, 2012 12:19 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Very hard to get off them after treatment but great for pain and mood. Great for migraines I have had severe migraines my whole life and haven't had any since taking these. Also have kidney problems with lots of stones and surgery.Couldn't have made it through last 2 yrs without them.

August 28, 2012 4:32 AM