S3. Beta-2 Agonists
If a Substance or Method is not defined in this list, please verify with your Anti-Doping Organization.
All selective and non-selective beta-2 agonists, including all optical isomers, are prohibited;
Including, but not limited to:
- Salbutamol (Albuterol in U.S)
- Tretoquinol (trimetoquinol)
- Inhaled salbutamol: maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours; in divided doses not to exceed 800 micrograms over 12 hours starting from any dose;
- Inhaled formoterol: maximum delivered dose of 54 micrograms over 24 hours;
- Inhaled salmeterol: maximum 200 micrograms over 24 hours.
The presence in urine of salbutamol in excess of 1000 ng/mL or formoterol in excess of 40 ng/mL is not consistent with therapeutic use of the substance and will be considered as an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) unless the Athlete proves, through a controlled pharmacokinetic study, that the abnormal result was the consequence of a therapeutic dose (by inhalation) up to the maximum dose indicated above.