ULTRA Duramune DAP + 4L (Canada)This page contains information on ULTRA Duramune DAP + 4L for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- ULTRA Duramune DAP + 4L Indications
- Warnings and cautions for ULTRA Duramune DAP + 4L
- Direction and dosage information for ULTRA Duramune DAP + 4L
ULTRA Duramune DAP + 4LThis treatment applies to the following species:
Canine Distemper-Adenovirus Type 2-Parvovirus Vaccine, Modified Live Virus, Leptospira Canicola-Grippotyphosa-Icterohaemorrhagiae-Pomona Bacterial Extract
Veterinary use only
ULTRA Duramune DAP + 4L Indications
For subcutaneous vaccination of healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by canine distemper, infectious canine hepatitis, canine adenovirus type 2, canine parvovirus (CPV), Leptospira canicola, Leptospira grippotyphosa, Leptospira icterohaemorrhagiae and Leptospira pomona. This product contains a CPV 2b strain which has been demonstrated to aid in the prevention of disease caused by CPV 2c in puppies with CPV maternal antibody.
Directions For Use
- General directions: Aseptically rehydrate ULTRA Duramune DAP with low volume diluent supplied. Administer one 0.5 mL dose subcutaneously.
- Primary vaccination: A recommended vaccination schedule should start at or about 6 weeks of age. The presence of maternal antibody is known to interfere with the development of active immunity. Puppies should be revaccinated every 2 to 3 weeks until at least 12 weeks of age.
All dogs over 12 weeks of age should initially receive one dose of this product and a second dose 2 to 3 weeks later.
- Annual vaccination: Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Duration of immunity for CPV 2c has not been established.
The PEEL-OFF LABEL I.D. SYSTEM provides a simple and effective method of recording pertinent information on the vaccines administered to animals in a veterinary practice.
For vaccines requiring reconstitution, remove label from both vials and affix both labels to the animal’s medical chart.
Using the System:
Grasp the vial label at the corner marked with an indicator arrow, between your thumb and forefinger (figure 1).
Pull steadily at a slight angle until the label is separated from the vial (figure 2).
Place the label on the animal’s medical chart. Press down on the label to ensure adhesion.
PrecautionsStore in dark at 2-7°C. Avoid freezing. Shake well. In case of anaphylactoid reaction, administer epinephrine. Burn container and all unused contents.
Preservatives: Gentamicin and thimerosal.
ULTRA™ Duramune® is a registered trademark of Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc.
© 2012 Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. All rights reserved.
Manufactured by: Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc., St. Joseph, Missouri 64506 U.S.A.
US Vet. Lic. No. 124
Manufactured for: Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd., Burlington, Ontario L7L 5H4
This package contains 25 vials of vaccine plus 25 x 0.5 mL vials of diluent.
NAC No.: 12301350
5180 SOUTH SERVICE ROAD, BURLINGTON, ON, L7L 5H4
|Customer Care No.:||800-567-1885|
|Technical Services No.:||1-877-565-5501|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the ULTRA Duramune DAP + 4L information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-05-31