Activyl for Dogs & Puppies (over 22 lb and up to 44 lb)This page contains information on Activyl for Dogs & Puppies (over 22 lb and up to 44 lb) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Activyl for Dogs & Puppies (over 22 lb and up to 44 lb) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Activyl for Dogs & Puppies (over 22 lb and up to 44 lb)
- Direction and dosage information for Activyl for Dogs & Puppies (over 22 lb and up to 44 lb)
Activyl for Dogs & Puppies (over 22 lb and up to 44 lb)This treatment applies to the following species:
DO NOT USE DOG PRODUCT ON CATS - Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours, or until product has dried. If applied to a cat or ingested by a cat, contact your veterinarian.
Once-A-Month Topical Flea Treatment for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older and weighing over 22 lb and up to 44 lb ONLY
(S)-methyl 7 - chloro - 2,5 - dihydro - 2 - [[(methoxycarbonyl)[4 - trifluoromethoxy)phenyl]amino] - carbonyl]indeno[1,2 - e][1,3,4]oxadiazine - 4a(3H) - carboxylate
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
● DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO APPLY PRODUCT.
● TO PREVENT HARM TO YOU AND YOUR DOG, READ ENTIRE LABEL AND DIRECTIONS BEFORE EACH USE.
● FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS AND PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS CAREFULLY.
● USE ON DOGS ONLY.
● DO NOT USE ON DOGS (MALE OR FEMALE) INTENDED FOR BREEDING OR ON DOGS THAT ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.
● DO NOT USE ON CATS OR OTHER ANIMALS.
● DO NOT APPLY MORE THAN ONCE PER MONTH.
● DO NOT HAVE CONTACT OR ALLOW CHILDREN TO HAVE CONTACT WITH TREATED AREA UNTIL IT IS COMPLETELY DRY.
● DO NOT ALLOW YOUR DOG TO INGEST THIS PRODUCT.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ON DOGS AND PUPPIES ONLY. DO NOT USE ON DOGS AND PUPPIES UNDER 8 WEEKS OF AGE. DO NOT APPLY TO DOGS WEIGHING LESS THAN 22 LB.
Open one foil pouch and remove applicator.
For dogs over 22 lb and up to 44 lb ONLY
Step 1. Hold applicator in upright position away from your face and snap tip open by bending it and folding it back on itself.
Step 2. The dog should be standing for easy application. Part the hair and place applicator tip against the skin between shoulder blades.
Step 3. Apply entire contents of tube evenly to a minimum of two spots on the back starting from between the shoulder blades and ending at the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until skin is visible. Place the tip of the applicator on the skin and gently squeeze a portion of the contents at each spot ensuring applicator is emptied at the last spot. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot. Do not allow the product to run off. Do not have contact with the treated area until it is completely dry.
It is recommended to reapply every 30 days or as needed, but DO NOT apply more than 1 applicator per month. When application is complete, follow the Container Handling instructions under the Storage and Disposal section below.
If in Eyes
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If On Skin
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have a person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to by the poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
HOT LINE NUMBER
Have the product container or label with you when calling the poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact the Rocky Mountain Poison Center at 1-303-595-4869 for emergency medical treatment information.
Side EffectsMonitor your dog after application. Side effects may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects occur, consult your veterinarian. Individual sensitivities may occur after using any pesticide product. Consult a veterinarian immediately.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS
WARNING. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Harmful if absorbed through skin or swallowed. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS
For external use on dogs and puppies only. Do not use on puppies under 8 weeks of age and weighing less than 22 lb. Do not use on dogs (male or female) intended for breeding, pregnant or nursing. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, or medicated dogs. Individual sensitivities may occur after using any pesticide product. If signs of sensitivity occur, consult a veterinarian immediately. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated animals.
PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS
Flammable. Keep away from heat and open flame.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL AND CONTAINER HANDLING: If empty, do not reuse the container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused products down any indoor or outdoor drain.
EPA Reg. No. 773-94
EPA Est. No. 618-LA-1
Net Contents: 1 applicator(s), each 0.05 fl.oz. (1.54 mL)
Copyright © 2011, 2013, 2017
Intervet Inc., a subsidiary of Merck & Co. Inc.
Intervet Inc (d/b/a Merck Animal Health), 2 Giralda Farms, Madison, NJ 07940. All rights reserved.
Made in the USA.
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Activyl for Dogs & Puppies (over 22 lb and up to 44 lb) information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30