Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
When Menstrual Periods Stop
One of the most common causes of irregular periods or periods that stop completely is stress. It may be a situation such as beginning college, starting a new job, losing a job, or having a very sick child at home. You may think that you are doing fine and not realize that you are under stress.
Although stress may be the sole reason for the amenorrhea, we should explore other possibilities, such as weight loss and conditions related to hormonal abnormalities.
Before your periods stopped, had you had weight loss of more than ten pounds?
- Abdomen and Pelvis
- Acid Reflux Treatment
- Bleeding After Menopause
- Bleeding Between Menstrual Periods
- Blood in the Urine in Women
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Constipation in Adults
- Difficulty Passing Urine
- Frequent Urination in Women
- Heavy Menstrual Periods
- Intestinal Gas Guide
- Loss of Control of Urine in Women
- Lumps or Pain Within the Scrotum
- Missed or Irregular Menstrual Periods
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Never Started Menstrual Periods
- Painful Menstrual Cramps
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain or Itching
- Recurring Abdominal Pain
- Understanding New and Severe Abdominal Pain
- Vaginal Discharge, Itching or Irritation
- Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Pain or Discomfort
- Vaginal Sores and Lumps
- When Menstrual Periods Stop
- Start over