Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
When Menstrual Periods Stop
When a woman never has had normal periods and has noticed an excessive amount of body or facial hair, it is likely that she has a condition known as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). This condition affects somewhere between 5-10 percent of American women. It is usually accompanied by excess body hair, acne, and an increase amount of male hormone (androgen) in the blood.
Call your doctor's office to arrange an appointment.
Please provide feedback to help us improve the Drugs.com Symptom Checker.
- Abdomen and Pelvis
- Acid Reflux Treatment
- Bleeding After Menopause
- Bleeding Between Menstrual Periods
- Blood in the Urine in Women
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Constipation in Adults
- Difficulty Passing Urine
- Frequent Urination in Women
- Heavy Menstrual Periods
- Intestinal Gas Guide
- Loss of Control of Urine in Women
- Lumps or Pain Within the Scrotum
- Missed or Irregular Menstrual Periods
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Never Started Menstrual Periods
- Painful Menstrual Cramps
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain or Itching
- Recurring Abdominal Pain
- Understanding New and Severe Abdominal Pain
- Vaginal Discharge, Itching or Irritation
- Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Pain or Discomfort
- Vaginal Sores and Lumps
- When Menstrual Periods Stop
- Start over