Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
Shortness of Breath In Pregnancy
Severe shortness of breath, shortness of breath that comes on suddenly, and shortness of breath accompanied by certain symptoms requires immediate medical attention. If you have one or more of the following symptoms, it is a medical emergency:
- Severe shortness of breath
- Difficulty talking in full sentences
- Chest pain with shortness of breath
- Swelling in the face or abdomen with shortness of breath (a possible allergic reaction)
- Shortness of breath that appears suddenly and unexpectedly
Do you have any of the symptoms listed above?