Ultravate X Cream Side Effects
Generic name: ammonium lactate / halobetasol topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 9, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about ammonium lactate / halobetasol topical. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Ultravate X Cream.
Applies to ammonium lactate / halobetasol topical: external kit.
Serious side effects of Ultravate X Cream
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high blood sugar like confusion, feeling sleepy, more thirst, more hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
- Signs of Cushing's disease like weight gain in the upper back or belly, moon face, very bad headache, or slow healing.
- Signs of a weak adrenal gland like a very bad upset stomach or throwing up, very bad dizziness or passing out, muscle weakness, feeling very tired, mood changes, not hungry, or weight loss.
- Skin changes (pimples, stretch marks, slow healing, hair growth).
- Irritation where this drug is used.
- Thinning of the skin.
- Change in eyesight.
Other side effects of Ultravate X Cream
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Burning or stinging.
- Dry skin.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
More about Ultravate X Cream (ammonium lactate / halobetasol topical)
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.