Mirena - has anyone else experienced a brown discharge?
It's not my period and it's lasted over a week?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Nov 22, 2018.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
The side effects for Mirena list that there may be an alteration of menstrual bleeding and an increase in genital discharge.
In our comments section, where real people leave reviews, women do mention having a brownish discharge so it appears to be a normal side effect.
For the Mirena comments section which you may find useful see:
For more information on Mirena see:
Related Medical Questions
- What is the difference between Kyleena, Liletta, Skyla and Mirena?
- How long will I be bleeding heavily after Mirena coil fitting?
- ParaGard vs Mirena: What's the difference?
- What are the side effects of IUDs?
- Mirena Information for Consumers
- Mirena Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Mirena (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Mirena (114 questions, 787 members)