Can Lipitor affect sex drive?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 22, 2021.
Unfortunately, yes, Lipitor can cause sexual side effects. These probably will only resolve if you stop taking the medicine. But please discuss options with your doctor.
Genitourinary adverse effects associated with other HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors have included erectile dysfunction, impotence, and testicular pain. At least one case of hemorrhagic cystitis has been reported.
Related medical questions
- Does Lipitor work better if you take it at night?
- Do I need to eat food when taking atorvastatin?
- What are the side effects of statins?
- How long does atorvastatin stay in the system after stopping the drug?
- Do statins help treat COVID-19?
- Can you use limes or lime juice while taking statin drugs (i.e. atorvastatin)?
- What should you know about "Statin" Medications?
- How do you manage muscle pain with cholesterol drugs?
- Can I trust a generic drug manufacturer?
- Lipitor Information for Consumers
- Lipitor Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Lipitor (detailed)
Related support groups
- Lipitor (51 questions, 161 members)