In some countries, this medicine may only be approved for veterinary use.
In the US, Novobiocin is a member of the drug class miscellaneous antibiotics.
CAS registry number (Chemical Abstracts Service)
- Novobiocinum (Latin)
- Novobiocin (German)
- Novobiocine (French)
- Novobiocina (Spanish)
- Novobiocin (OS: BAN)
- Novobiocine (OS: DCF)
- U 6591 (IS)
- Novobiocin Sodium (OS: BANM, JAN)
- Cathocin (IS)
- Streptonivicin (IS)
- Novobiocin Sodium (PH: BP 1973, USP 37)
- Novobiocina sodica (PH: F.U. VIII)
- Novobiocine monosodique (PH: Ph. Franç. 11)
- Special Formula 17900 Forte V (Novobiocin and Neomycin, + Dihydrostreptomycin (veterinary use))
Zoetis Australia, Australia
- Tetra-Delta Milkin Cow (Novobiocin and Neomycin, + Penicillin, + Dihydrostreptomycin, + Prednisolone (veterinary use))
Pfizer Animal Health, Ireland
|BAN||British Approved Name|
|BANM||British Approved Name (Modified)|
|DCF||Dénomination Commune Française|
|IUPAC||International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry|
|JAN||Japanese Accepted Name|
|Rec.INN||Recommended International Nonproprietary Name (World Health Organization)|
|WHO||World Health Organization|
Click for further information on drug naming conventions and International Nonproprietary Names.
Important Notice: The Drugs.com international database is in BETA release. This means it is still under development and may contain inaccuracies. It is not intended as a substitute for the expertise and judgement of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that the use of any medication in any country is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Consult with your healthcare professional before taking any medication.