Xepi FDA Approval History
Xepi (ozenoxacin) is a topical non-fluorinated quinolone for the treatment of impetigo due to Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes.
Information for Patients
- Xepi is usually applied as a thin layer to the affected area twice daily for five days.
- Always use Xepi as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Wash your hands after applying the cream if the hands are not the area for treatment.
- Xepi is for external use only. Do not swallow the cream, or use it in the eyes, on the mouth or lips, inside the nose, or inside the female genital area.
- The treated area may be covered by a sterile bandage or gauze dressing.
- Use Xepi for the entire time as recommended by your healthcare practitioner, even though your symptoms may have improved.
- Notify your healthcare practitioner if there is no improvement in symptoms within three days of starting treatment.
Development Timeline for Xepi
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.