Palforzia FDA Approval History
Last updated by Judith Stewart, BPharm on Jan 27, 2021.
FDA Approved: Yes (First approved January 31, 2020)
Brand name: Palforzia
Generic name: Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Allergen Powder-dnfp
Previous Name: AR101
Company: Aimmune Therapeutics, Inc.
Treatment for: Peanut Allergy
Palforzia (Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Allergen Powder-dnfp) is an oral immunotherapy indicated to help reduce the severity of allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, that may occur with accidental exposure to peanut.
- Palforzia is a treatment for people who are allergic to peanuts.
- Palforzia may be started in patients aged 4 through 17 years of age. Patients who turn 18 years of age during treatment should continue taking Palforzia unless otherwise instructed by their doctor.
- Palforzia does NOT treat allergic reactions and should not be given during an allergic reaction.
- Patients must maintain a strict peanut-free diet while taking Palforzia.
- Because of the risk of anaphylaxis, Palforzia is available only through a restricted program under a Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) called the Palforzia REMS.
Development timeline for Palforzia
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.