Juvederm FDA Approval History
Last updated by Judith Stewart, BPharm on Sep 3, 2019.
FDA Approved: Yes (First approved June 2, 2006)
Brand name: Juvederm
Generic name: dermal filler
Company: Allergan, Inc.
Treatment for: Facial Rejuvenation
Juvéderm is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler indicated for the correction of facial wrinkles and folds.
- Juvéderm Voluma XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
- Juvéderm Vollure XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds) in adults over 21.
- Juvéderm XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds).
- Juvéderm Ultra XC is for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over the age of 21.
- Juvéderm Volbella XC injectable gel is for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral lines in adults over the age of 21.
Development Timeline for Juvederm
|Sep 3, 2019||Approval FDA Approves Juvéderm Voluma XC For Mid-Face Injection Via Cannula|
|Mar 20, 2017||Approval FDA Approves Juvéderm Vollure XC for Correction of Facial Wrinkles and Folds in Adults|
|Jun 1, 2016||Approval FDA Approves Juvéderm Volbella XC for Use in Lips and Perioral Rhytids|
|Oct 1, 2015||Approval FDA Approves Juvéderm Ultra XC for Lip Augmentation|
|Oct 23, 2013||Approval FDA Approves Juvéderm Voluma XC to Correct Age-Related Volume Loss in the Cheek Area|
|Feb 1, 2010||Approval FDA Approves Juvéderm XC Containing Lidocaine to Correct Facial Wrinkles and Folds|
|Jun 5, 2006||Approval Juvederm Allergan, Inc. - Treatment for Facial Wrinkles and Folds|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.