chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan/phenylephrine FDA Alerts
The FDA Alert(s) below may be specifically about chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan/phenylephrine or relate to a group or class of drugs which include chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan/phenylephrine.
MedWatch Safety Alerts are distributed by the FDA and published by Drugs.com. Following is a list of possible medication recalls, market withdrawals, alerts and warnings. For the latest FDA MedWatch alerts, go here.
Recent FDA Alert(s) for chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan/phenylephrine
May 23, 2005
Audience: Healthcare professionals and consumersFDA issued a Talk Paper to notify the public about the abuse of dextromethorphan (DXM), an ingredient found in many over-the-counter (OTC) cough and cold remedies. The agency is working with other health and law enforcement authorities to address this serious issue and warn the public of potential harm, after five recently reported deaths of teenagers that may be associated with the consumption of powdered DXM sold in capsules.
[May 20, 2005 - Talk Paper - FDA]
More chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan/phenylephrine Resources
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold and Cough Consumer Information
- Chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, and phenylephrine Consumer Information
- Chlorpheniramine, Phenylephrine, and Dextromethorphan Tablets Consumer Information
- Chlorpheniramine, Phenylephrine, and Dextromethorphan Liquid Consumer Information
- AccuHist PDX Drops Prescribing Information
- Chlorpheniramine, Phenylephrine, and Dextromethorphan A-Z Drug Facts