glutamine FDA Alerts
The FDA Alert(s) below may be specifically about glutamine or relate to a group or class of drugs which include glutamine.
MedWatch Safety Alerts are distributed by the FDA and published by Drugs.com. Following is a list of possible medication recalls, market withdrawals, alerts and warnings. For the latest FDA MedWatch alerts, go here.
Recent FDA Alert(s) for glutamine
Sterile Drug Products by Bella Pharmaceuticals: Recall - Lack of Sterility Assurance
Aug 18, 2017
Audience: Health Care Professionals
ISSUE: Bella Pharmaceuticals is voluntarily recalling all lots of unexpired sterile drug products due to lack of sterility assurance. The recalled products were distributed to health care facilities nationwide.
Administration of a drug product intended to be sterile that is not sterile could result in serious infections that may be life-threatening. To date, Bella Pharmaceuticals has not received any reports of adverse events.
BACKGROUND: The affected products include all lots distributed April 17, 2017, to August 10, 2017, remaining within expiry, and they would be packaged in a syringe, vial or eye dropper. For a list of products affected by this recall see the Firm Press Release.
RECOMMENDATION: Bella Pharmaceuticals is notifying its customers by email and phone, and is arranging for the return of all recalled products. Anyone with product subject to the recall should stop using it and contact the company. To return medication or request assistance related to this recall, contact Bella Pharmaceuticals at 877-235-5279, Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. CST.
Health care professionals are encouraged to report any adverse events to FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting Program:
- Complete and submit the report Online: www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/index.cfm
- Download form or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178.
[08/18/2017- Press Release - Bella Pharmaceuticals]
More glutamine Resources
- SYMPT-X Glutamine Consumer Information
- Glutamine Consumer Information
- Glutamine Capsules and Tablets Consumer Information
- GlutaMent Consumer Information
- Glutamine Powder (For Sickle Cell Disease) Consumer Information
- Glutamine Powder (For Stomach or Bowel Problems) Consumer Information
- Enterex Glutapak-10 Advanced Consumer Information
- Resource Glutasolve Advanced Consumer Information
- Glutamine Advanced Consumer Information
- L-Glutamine AHFS DI Monograph