trimethobenzamide FDA Alerts
The FDA Alert(s) below may be specifically about trimethobenzamide or relate to a group or class of drugs which include trimethobenzamide.
MedWatch Safety Alerts are distributed by the FDA and published by Drugs.com. Following is a list of possible medication recalls, market withdrawals, alerts and warnings. For the latest FDA MedWatch alerts, go here.
Recent FDA Alert(s) for trimethobenzamide
Trimethobenzamide hydrochloride suppositories
Apr 6, 2007
Audience: Healthcare professionals, consumers[Posted 04/06/2007] FDA notified healthcare professionals and consumers that companies must stop manufacturing and distributing unapproved suppository drug products containing trimethobenzamide hydrochloride. These products are used to treat nausea and vomiting in adults and children. The products have been marketed under various names, including Tigan, Tebamide, T-Gen, Trimazide, and Trimethobenz. Drugs containing trimethobenzamide in suppository form lack evidence of effectiveness. This action does not affect oral capsules and injectable products containing trimethobenzamide that have been approved by FDA. FDA urges consumers currently using trimethobenzamide suppositories or who have questions or concerns to contact their healthcare professional. Alternative products approved to effectively treat nausea and vomiting are available in a variety of forms.
[April 6, 2007 - News Release - FDA]
More trimethobenzamide Resources
- Trimethobenzamide oral/injection Consumer Information
- Trimethobenzamide Capsules Consumer Information
- Trimethobenzamide Injection Solution Consumer Information
- Arrestin Advanced Consumer Information
- Stemetic Advanced Consumer Information
- Tribenzagan Advanced Consumer Information
- Trimethobenzamide Advanced Consumer Information
- Trimethobenzamide Intramuscular Advanced Consumer Information
- Trimethobenzamide Hydrochloride AHFS DI Monograph
- Tigan Injection Prescribing Information
- Trimethobenzamide Prescribing Information
- Trimethobenzamide Capsules Prescribing Information
- Trimethobenzamide A-Z Drug Facts