propafenone FDA Alerts
The FDA Alert(s) below may be specifically about propafenone or relate to a group or class of drugs which include propafenone.
MedWatch Safety Alerts are distributed by the FDA and published by Drugs.com. Following is a list of possible medication recalls, market withdrawals, alerts and warnings. For the latest FDA MedWatch alerts, go here.
Recent FDA Alert(s) for propafenone
Propafenone HCl Tablets
Mar 25, 2009
Audience: Cardiology healthcare professionals, patients[Posted 03/25/2009] FDA and Watson Pharmaceuticals notified healthcare professionals and patients of a recall of Propafenone HCl 225 mg tablets, a drug product used to treat cardiac arrhythmias. The drug is being recalled because some tablets may contain slightly higher levels of the active ingredient than specified. Because it has a narrow therapeutic index, some patients who are particularly sensitive to small variations in dose may experience potentially serious side effects, including arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) or low blood pressure. The affected lot [lot number 112680A, expiration date July 31, 2010] of Propafenone HCl tablets was shipped to customers between October 15, 2008 and November 26, 2008. The Press Release includes instructions for identifying and returning the affected product.
[March 23, 2009 - Press Release - Watson Pharmaceuticals]
More propafenone Resources
- Propafenone Consumer Information
- Propafenone Tablets Consumer Information
- Propafenone Sustained-Release Capsules Consumer Information
- Propafenone Advanced Consumer Information
- Propafenone Hydrochloride AHFS DI Monograph
- Propafenone Prescribing Information
- Propafenone Extended Release Capsule Prescribing Information
- Propafenone A-Z Drug Facts