metoprolol FDA Alerts
The FDA Alert(s) below may be specifically about metoprolol or relate to a group or class of drugs which include metoprolol.
MedWatch Safety Alerts are distributed by the FDA and published by Drugs.com. Following is a list of possible medication recalls, market withdrawals, alerts and warnings. For the latest FDA MedWatch alerts, go here.
Recent FDA Alert(s) for metoprolol
Ethex Corporation Product Recall
Jan 28, 2009
Audience: Pharmacists, Consumers[Posted 01/27/2009] FDA notified pharmacists and consumers that ETHEX Corporation has expanded two previous 2008 recalls to include over 60 generic drug products recalled to wholesalers, and two generic drug products, Hydromorphone HCl and Metoprolol Succinate, recalled to retailer level. These generic products may have been manufactured under conditions that did not sufficiently comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices. Some of these products have had specific lots recalled earlier due to defects found, including oversized tablets delivering higher than labeled doses. These additional products are being removed to assure that no other defective products remain in the marketplace. Patients who may have these medicines in their possession should continue to take them in accordance with their prescriptions, as the risk of suddenly stopping needed medication may place patients at risk. Patients should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using these products, or to obtain replacement medications or prescriptions.
[January 28, 2009 - Press Release - Ethex]
More metoprolol Resources
- Metoprolol Consumer Information
- Metoprolol Extended-Release Tablets Consumer Information
- Metoprolol Tablets Consumer Information
- Metoprolol Extended-Release Capsules Consumer Information
- Metoprolol Injection Consumer Information
- Metoprolol Advanced Consumer Information
- Metoprolol Intravenous Advanced Consumer Information
- Metoprolol Succinate AHFS DI Monograph
- Metoprolol Prescribing Information
- Metoprolol Succinate Prescribing Information
- Metoprolol Succinate ER Capsules Prescribing Information
- Metoprolol Succinate ER Tablets Prescribing Information
- Metoprolol Tartrate Injection Prescribing Information
- Metoprolol Tartrate Tablet Prescribing Information
- Metoprolol A-Z Drug Facts