Tripedia – Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoid, and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine (DTaP)
Last Updated: April 8, 2011
Products Affected - Description
Tripedia Vaccine, Sanofi Pasteur
0.5 mL single-dose vial, package of 10 (NDC 49281-0298-10) – discontinued
Reason for the Shortage
Sanofi Pasteur discontinued Tripedia in 2011. The company will continue to distribute the vaccine until supplies are depleted.
Estimated Resupply Dates
Sanofi Pasteur discontinued Tripedia vaccine. Tripedia (NDC 49281-0298-10) is still currently available; however, depletion of supplies is estimated to occur in the 2nd quarter of 2011.
Alternative Agents & Management
- DTaP and Tdap vaccines both contain diphtheria, tetanus toxoid, and acellular pertussis. DTaP vaccines (eg, Tripedia, Daptacel, and Infanrix) are recommended for use in infants and children under 7 years of age. Tdap vaccines (eg, Adacel, Boostrix) are recommended for use in adolescents and adults 10 to 64 years of age.
- Sanofi Pasteur has available Daptacel DTaP vaccine in single-dose vials (NDC 49281-0286-10).
- GSK has available Infanrix DTaP vaccine in single-dose vials (NDC 58160-0810-11) and syringes (NDC 58160-0810-52).
- Kinrix – Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoid, and Acellular Pertussis and Inactivated Poliovirus Vaccine (DTaP / IPV) — Resolved
- Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed — No Longer Available
April 8, 2011, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2011, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.