Tigecycline Injection Shortage
Last Updated: August 4, 2017
- Tygacil, Pfizer, 50 mg, 5 mL vial, 10 count, NDC 00008-4990-02
- Pfizer had Tygacil on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- Pfizer had temporarily marketed Tygacil 50 mg/5 mL vials to help alleviate the shortage. Supply of these 5 mL vials was depleted in July 2017. The 10 mL vials continue to be readily available.
- Tygacil lyophilized powder for solution for injection, Pfizer, 50 mg, 10 mL vial, 10 count, NDC 00008-4990-20
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Pfizer has Tygacil 50 mg/10 mL vials available.
Updated August 4, 2017 by Michelle Wheeler, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Created December 9, 2015 by Leslie Jensen, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Copyright 2017, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.