Last Updated: February 2, 2023
Products Affected - Description
- Rifadin IV lyophilized powder for injection, Sanofi-Aventis, 600 mg, vial, 1 count, NDC 00068-0597-01
- Rifampin lyophilized powder for injection, Mylan Institutional (Viatris), 600 mg, vial, 1 count, NDC 67457-0445-60
Reason for the Shortage
- Fresenius Kabi has rifampin injection available.
- Viatris did not provide a reason for the shortage.
- Sanofi did not provide a reason for the shortage.
- Rifampin lyophilized powder for injection, Fresenius Kabi, 600 mg, vial, 1 count, NDC 63323-0351-20
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Viatris has rifampin 600 mg vials on back order and the company estimates a release date of late-March 2023.
- Sanofi-Aventis has Rifadin IV 600 mg vials on allocation.
Updated February 2, 2023 by Michelle Wheeler, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Created December 28, 2021 by Michelle Wheeler, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. © 2023, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.