Pentamidine Isethionate Shortage
Last Updated: December 10, 2020
- Fresenius Kabi had Nebupent and Pentam 300 on back order due to a short-term manufacturer delay.
- Seton Pharmaceuticals had pentamidine isethionate injection on shortage due to high demand.
- NebuPent lyophilized powder for inhalation, Fresenius Kabi, 300 mg, 15 mL single dose vial, NDC 63323-0877-15
- Pentam 300 lyophilized powder for injection, Fresenius Kabi, 300 mg, single dose vial, 10 count, NDC 63323-0113-10
- Pentamidine isethionate lyophilized powder for inhalation, Seton Pharmaceuticals, 300 mg, single dose vial, 10 count, NDC 13925-0522-01
- Pentamidine isethionate lyophilized powder for injection, Seton Pharmaceuticals, 300 mg, single dose vial, 10 count, NDC 13925-0515-10
Estimated Resupply Dates
- All marketed presentations are available.
Implications for Patient Care
- Some clinicians may choose to use Pentam off-label via the nebulized route or NebuPent via the injectable route because both products contain identical ingredients. NebuPent and Pentam are FDA approved for different indications.
Updated December 10, 2020 by Michelle Wheeler, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Created August 6, 2019 by Stephen Andrews, PharmD, BCPS, Drug Information Specialist. © 2020, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.