Nimodipine Oral Solution
Last Updated: May 26, 2020
- Nymalize oral solution, Arbor, 30 mg/10 mL, unit-dose cup, 12 count, NDC 24338-0205-12 - discontinued
- Nymalize oral solution, Arbor, 60 mg/20 mL, 473 mL bottle, 1 count, NDC 24338-0200-16 - discontinued
- Nymalize oral solution, Arbor, 60 mg/20 mL, unit-dose cup, 12 count, NDC 24338-0200-12 - discontinued
- Arbor Pharmaceuticals has a new formulation of Nymalize available in prefilled oral syringes.
- Nymalize oral solution, Arbor, 6 mg/1 mL, 10 mL prefilled oral syringe, 12 count, NDC 24338-0260-12
- Nymalize oral solution, Arbor, 6 mg/1 mL, 5 mL prefilled oral syringe, 12 count, NDC 24338-0230-12
- The contents of nimodipine capsules may be extracted into a syringe using an 18-gauge needle. Transfer the contents of the capsule to an oral syringe that is not compatible with intravenous (IV) connections to avoid accidental IV administration of nimodipine. The manufacturers of nimodipine capsules and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) both recommend labeling the syringe containing nimodipine for administration with the phrase, "For Oral Use Only." Once the contents are given via a nasogastric tube, wash the tube with 30 mL of 0.9% normal saline. More information can be found at the following links:
- Nimodipine Capsule Manufacturer Package Inserts: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/search.cfm?labeltype=all&query=nimodipine&pagesize=200&page=1
- ISMP Oral Syringe Featured Article: https://www.ismp.org/resources/using-oral-syringes-wont-necessarily-protect-against-inadvertent-iv-injection-oral
Updated May 26, 2020 by Leslie Jensen, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Created November 21, 2019 by Stephen Andrews, PharmD, BCPS, Drug Information Specialist. © 2020, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.