Nicardipine Hydrochloride Injection
Last Updated: April 24, 2020
- Nicardipine Hydrochloride injection, Hikma, 2.5 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, 10 count, NDC 00143-9689-10
- Baxter recently acquired Cardene from Chiesi. They have Cardene available. They are not marketing Cardene 20 mg/200 mL in 5% dextrose premixed bags.
- Hikma did not provide a reason for the shortage.
- Mylan discontinued nicardipine vials.
- Sun Pharma discontinued nicardipine ampules.
- Chiesi discontinued Cardene 40 mg/200 mL in 5% dextrose premixed bags in mid-2019.
- Cardene injection, Baxter, 20 mg/200 mL in 0.9% sodium chloride, premixed bag, 10 count, NDC 10122-0313-10
- Cardene injection, Baxter, 40 mg/200 mL in 0.9% sodium chloride, premixed bag, NDC 10122-0325-10
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Hikma has nicardipine 2.5 mg/mL 10 mL vials on allocation.
- Hikma has nicardipine 20 mg/200 mL and 40 mg/200 mL in 0.9% sodium chloride premixed bags on back order with an estimated release date of late-April 2020.
Updated April 24, 2020 by Michelle Wheeler, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Created June 13, 2019 by Michelle Wheeler, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. © 2020, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.