Fluorescein Sodium and Proparacaine Hydrochloride Ophthalmic Solution
Last Updated: January 18, 2023
- Flucaine ophthalmic solution, OCuSOFT, 0.25%/0.5%, 5 mL bottle, 1 count, NDC 54799-0507-21 - discontinued
- Fluorescein sodium/proparacaine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution, Altaire, 0.25%/0.5%, 5 mL bottle, 1 count, NDC 59390-0205-05
- Altaire has recalled several medications due concerns over lack of sterility assurance. More information can be found at: https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/altaire-pharmaceuticals-inc-issues-voluntary-recall-multiple-ophthalmic-products-sold-ocusoft.
- OCuSOFT discontinued Flucaine in January 2020.
- There are no presentations available
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Altaire has fluorescein/proparacaine 5 mL bottles on back order and the company cannot estimate a resupply date.
Updated January 18, 2023 by Rachael Freeman, PharmD, BCPS. Created July 26, 2019 by Michelle Wheeler, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. © 2023, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.