Fluorescein Sodium and Benoxinate Hydrochloride Ophthalmic Solution
Last Updated: June 27, 2018
- Flurox solution, OCuSOFT, 0.25%/0.4%, 5 mL bottle, 1 count, NDC 54799-0508-05
- OCuSOFT has discontinued Flurox.
- Altaire is the sole supplier of fluorescein/benoxinate ophthalmic solution.
- Altafluor solution, Altaire, 0.25%/0.4%, 5 mL bottle, 1 count, NDC 59390-0206-05
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Altaire has Altafluor available.
Implications for Patient Care
- Fluorescein/benoxinate and fluorescein/proparacaine ophthalmic solutions are combinations of a disclosing agent and a fast acting anesthetic that has a short duration of action.
Alternative Agents & Management
- Fluorescein/proparacaine ophthalmic solution is available.
- Fluorescein/proparacaine and fluorescein/benoxinate areused in tonometry, corneal foreign body removal, suture removal, and other corneal or conjunctival procedures. They are dosed similarly for these indications.
Updated June 27, 2018 by Megan Dryer, PharmD. Created May 3, 2018 by Michelle Wheeler, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Copyright 2018, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.