C1-Esterase Inhibitor (Human) Injection
Last Updated: January 31, 2018
- CSL Behring has Berinert available.
- Shire has resumed manufacturing and Cinryze is available.
- The subcutaneous dosage form of C1-esterase inhibitor (human) is unaffected by this shortage.
- Berinert intravenous injection, CSL Behring, 500 unit, preservative-free vial, NDC 63833-0825-02
- Cinryze intravenous injection, Shire, 500 unit, preservative-free vial, NDC 42227-0081-05
Implications for Patient Care
- The following lots require filtering prior to administering: 17F19L37OA, 17F24L370A, 17G10L370A, 17G16L370A, 17G21L370A, 17H12L370A, 17G26L370A and 17H22L370A. Additional information and self-administration instructions are available at www.cinryze.com.
Updated January 31, 2018 by Leslie Jensen, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Created August 16, 2017 by Benjamin Witt, PharmD, BCPS, Drug Information Specialist. Copyright 2018, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.