C1-Esterase Inhibitor (Human) Injection
Last Updated: June 13, 2019
- CSL Behring has Berinert available. The company is shipping weekly to distributors.
- Shire has resumed manufacturing and Cinryze is available.
- The subcutaneous dosage form of C1-esterase inhibitor (human) is unaffected by this shortage.
- Berinert intravenous injection, CSL Behring, 500 unit, preservative-free vial, NDC 63833-0825-02
- Cinryze intravenous injection, Shire, 500 unit, preservative-free vial, NDC 42227-0081-05
Implications for Patient Care
- The following lots require filtering prior to administering: 17F19L37OA, 17F24L370A, 17G10L370A, 17G16L370A, 17G21L370A, 17H12L370A, 17G26L370A and 17H22L370A. Additional information and self-administration instructions are available at www.cinryze.com.
Updated June 13, 2019 by Anthony Trovato, PharmD, BCPS. Created August 16, 2017 by Benjamin Witt, PharmD, BCPS, Drug Information Specialist. © 2019, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.