Drug interactions between PreserVision and PreserVision AREDS 2
|PreserVision (multivitamin with minerals)|
|PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals)|
Interactions between your drugs
A total of 126 drugs (421 brand and generic names) are known to interact with PreserVision.
- PreserVision is in the drug class vitamin and mineral combinations.
- PreserVision is used to treat Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency.
PreserVision AREDS 2
A total of 126 drugs (421 brand and generic names) are known to interact with PreserVision AREDS 2.
- PreserVision AREDS 2 is a member of the drug class vitamin and mineral combinations.
- PreserVision AREDS 2 is used to treat Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency.
Drug and food interactions
No results found in our database - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'iron preparations' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'iron preparations' category:
- multivitamin with minerals (active ingredient in PreserVision (multivitamin with minerals))
- multivitamin with minerals (active ingredient in PreserVision AREDS 2 (multivitamin with minerals))
Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.