Drug interactions between Omega-3 and TheraTears Nutrition
|Omega-3 (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)|
|TheraTears Nutrition (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)|
Interactions between your drugs
A total of 87 drugs (352 brand and generic names) are known to interact with Omega-3.
- Omega-3 is in the drug class nutraceutical products.
- Omega-3 is used to treat the following conditions:
- TheraTears Nutrition is a member of the drug class nutraceutical products.
- TheraTears Nutrition is used to treat Dietary Supplementation.
Drug and food interactions
Therapeutic duplication warnings
Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.
Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids' category:
- omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (active ingredient in Omega-3 (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids))
- omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (active ingredient in TheraTears Nutrition (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids))
Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.