Drug interactions between codeine / dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine and dacomitinib
Interactions between your drugs
Applies to: codeine / dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine and dacomitinib
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
MONITOR: Drugs that are inhibitors of CYP450 2D6 may interfere with the analgesic effect of codeine. The mechanism is decreased in vivo conversion of codeine to morphine, a metabolic reaction mediated by CYP450 2D6.
MANAGEMENT: The possibility of reduced or inadequate pain relief should be considered in patients receiving codeine with drugs that inhibit CYP450 2D6. An increase in the codeine dosage or a different analgesic agent may be necessary in patients requiring therapy with CYP450 2D6 inhibitors.
- Poulsen L, Brosen K, Srendt-Nielsen L, Gram LF, Elbaek K, Sindrup SH "Codeine and morphine in extensive and poor metabolizers of sparteine: pharmacokinetics, analgesic effect and side effects." Eur J Clin Pharmacol 51 (1996): 289-95
- Sindrup SH, Arendt-Nielsen L, Brosen K, et al "The effect of quinidine on the analgesic effect of codeine." Eur J Clin Pharmacol 42 (1992): 587-92
- Hersh EV, Moore PA "Drug interactions in dentistry: the importance of knowing your CYPs." J Am Dent Assoc 135 (2004): 298-311
- Sindrup SH, Brosen K, Bjerring P, et al. "Codeine increases pain threshold to copper vapor laser stimuli in extensive but not poor metabolizers of sparteine." Clin Pharmacol Ther 49 (1991): 686-93
- Vevelstad M, Pettersen S, Tallaksen C, Brors O "O-demethylation of codeine to morphine inhibited by low-dose levomepromazine." Eur J Clin Pharmacol 65 (2009): 795-801
- Caraco Y, Sheller J, Wood JJ "Pharmacogenetic determination of the effects of codeine and prediction of drug interactions." J Pharmacol Exp Ther 278 (1996): 1165-74
- Sindrup SH, Hofmann U, Asmussen J, Mikus G, Brosen K, Nielsen F, Ingwersen SH, Broen Christensen C "Impact of quinidine on plasma and cerebrospinal fluid concentrations of codeine and morphine after codeine intake." Eur J Clin Pharmacol 49 (1996): 503-9
- Thorn CF, Klein TE, Altman RB "Codeine and morphine pathway." Pharmacogenet Genomics 19 (2009): 556-8
- Zhou SF "Polymorphism of human cytochrome P450 2D6 and its clinical significance: part II." Clin Pharmacokinet 48 (2009): 761-804
- Desmeules J, Gascon MP, Dayer P, Magistris M "Impact of environmental and genetic factors on codeine analgesia." Eur J Clin Pharmacol 41 (1991): 23-6
- Desmeules J, Dayer P, Gascon MP, Magistris M "Impact of genetic and environmental factors on codeine analgesia." Clin Pharmacol Ther 45 (1989): 122
- Caraco Y, Sheller J, Wood AJJ "Impact of ethnic origin and quinidine coadministration on codeine's disposition and pharmacodynamic effects." J Pharmacol Exp Ther 290 (1999): 413-22
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: codeine / dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine
Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of dexbrompheniramine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with dexbrompheniramine. Do not use more than the recommended dose of dexbrompheniramine, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Therapeutic duplication warnings are only returned when drugs within the same group exceed the recommended therapeutic duplication maximum.
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|