Drug interactions between B-Nexa and sarecycline
|B-Nexa (calcium/folic acid/ginger/pyridoxine)|
Interactions between your drugs
calcium phosphate, tribasic sarecycline
Applies to: B-Nexa (calcium / folic acid / ginger / pyridoxine) and sarecycline
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
ADJUST DOSING INTERVAL: Administration of a tetracycline with aluminum, calcium, or magnesium salts significantly decreases tetracycline serum concentrations. The proposed mechanism is chelation of tetracycline by the cation, forming an insoluble complex that is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The interaction has also been reported with parenteral doxycycline and oral antacids.
MANAGEMENT: The administration of tetracyclines and preparations containing aluminum, magnesium, or calcium should be separated by two to four hours.
- Gotz VP, Ryerson GG "Evaluation of tetracycline on theophylline disposition in patients with chronic obstructive airways disease." Drug Intell Clin Pharm 20 (1986): 694-6
- Upton RA "Pharmacokinetic interactions between theophylline and other medication (Part I)." Clin Pharmacokinet 20 (1991): 66-80
- "Product Information. Nuzyra (omadacycline)." Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boston, MA.
- Nguyen VX, Nix DE, Gillikin S, Schentag JJ "Effect of oral antacid administration on the pharmacokinetics of intravenous doxycycline." Antimicrob Agents Chemother 33 (1989): 434-6
- McCormack JP, Reid SE, Lawson LM "Theophylline toxicity induced by tetracycline." Clin Pharm 9 (1990): 546-9
- Garty M, Hurwitz A "Effect of cimetidine and antacids on gastrointestinal absorption of tetracycline." Clin Pharmacol Ther 28 (1980): 203-7
- "Product Information. Seysara (sarecycline)." Allergan Inc, Irvine, CA.
- "Product Information. Declomycin (demeclocycline)." Lederle Laboratories, Wayne, NJ.
- Deppermann KM, Lode H, Hoffken G, Tschink G, Kalz C, Koeppe P "Influence of ranitidine, pirenzepine, and aluminum magnesium hydroxide on the bioavailability of various antibiotics, including amoxicillin, cephalexin, doxycycline, and amoxicillin-clavulanic acid." Antimicrob Agents Chemother 33 (1989): 1901-7
- Covington TR, Lawson LC, Young LL, eds. "Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs. 10th ed." Washington, DC: American Pharmaceutical Association (1993):
- Neuvonen PJ "Interactions with the absorption of tetracyclines." Drugs 11 (1976): 45-54
- D'Arcy PF, McElnay JC "Drug-antacid interactions: assessment of clinical importance." Drug Intell Clin Pharm 21 (1987): 607-17
Drug and food interactions
No results found in our database - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Therapeutic duplication warnings are only returned when drugs within the same group exceed the recommended therapeutic duplication maximum.
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|