ANUSOL Hemorrhoidal Suppositories (Pfizer Consumer Healthcare)
Active Ingredient: Purpose:
Topical starch 51% ................. Skin protectant
- temporarily relieves these local symptoms associated with hemorrhoids and other anorectal disorders:
- temporarily forms a protective coating over inflamed tissues to help protect drying of tissue
For rectal use only
When using this product
- do not use more than directed unless directed by a doctor
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- rectal bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- see bottom panel for directions for opening suppository wrapper
- adults: insert one (1) suppository rectally up to 6 times daily or after each bowel movement by following these steps:
- when practical, clean the affected area with mild soap and warm water and rinse thoroughly
- gently dry by patting or blotting with toilet tissue or a soft cloth before applying
- detach one (1) suppository from the strip of suppositories
- remove wrapper before inserting into the rectum
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
Directions for opening Suppository Wrapper:
- Detach (1) one suppository from the strip of suppositories.
- Remove wrapper before inserting into the rectum as follows: Hold suppository upright (with words "pull apart" at top) and carefully separate the plastic wrapper tabs with your fingers.
- Peel plastic slowly and evenly down both sides, exposing suppository.
- Avoid excessive handling of suppository since it is designed to melt at body temperature. If suppository seems soft, hold in plastic wrapper under cold water for 2 or 3 minutes.
• store at 59° to 77°F to avoid melting
Inactive Ingredients: benzyl alcohol, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and tocopheryl acetate
Questions? call 1-800-223-0182 , Monday to Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM EST
In boxes of 12 or 24 in plastic strips. Store at 59-77°F to avoid melting.
PRODUCT PHOTO(S):NOTE: These photos can be used only for identification by shape, color, and imprint. They do not depict actual or relative size.
The product samples shown here have been supplied by the manufacturer. While every effort has been made to assure accurate reproduction, please remember that any visual identification should be considered preliminary. In cases of poisoning or suspected overdosage, the drug's identity should be verified by chemical analysis.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.