Robitussin cold congestion softgels
(in each capsule):
USP ...................................................10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP ..............................200 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP................ 30 mg
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion, and cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation occurring with the common cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion associated with hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies, or associated with sinusitis
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease · high blood pressure
- thyroid disease · diabetes
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
When using this product do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use more than 4 doses in any 24-hr period
- adults and children 12 yrs and over: 2 capsules every 4 hours
- children 6 to under 12 yrs: 1 capsule every 4 hours
- children under 6 years: ask a doctor
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Inactive Ingredients (Capsules): FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol, pharmaceutical glaze, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, sorbitan, sorbitol, titanium dioxide, water
Capsules in packages of 12 (individually packaged).