Robitussin cold congestion softgels
(in each capsule):
USP ...................................................10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP ..............................200 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP................ 30 mg
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion, and cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation occurring with the common cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion associated with hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies, or associated with sinusitis
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease · high blood pressure
- thyroid disease · diabetes
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
When using this product do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use more than 4 doses in any 24-hr period
- adults and children 12 yrs and over: 2 capsules every 4 hours
- children 6 to under 12 yrs: 1 capsule every 4 hours
- children under 6 years: ask a doctor
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Inactive Ingredients (Capsules): FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol, pharmaceutical glaze, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, sorbitan, sorbitol, titanium dioxide, water
Capsules in packages of 12 (individually packaged).
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.