Remifemin menopause tablets
Remifemin Menopause is a unique, natural formula. For over 40 years in Europe, it has helped reduce the unpleasant physical and emotional symptoms associated with menopause, such as hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings. Clinically shown to be safe and effective. Not a drug.
Remifemin Menopause helps you approach menopause with confidence - naturally.*
Other Ingredients: Lactose, Cellulose, Potato Starch, Magnesium Stearate, and Natural Peppermint Flavor.
Standardized to be equivalent to 20 mg Black Cohosh ( Cimicifuga racemosa) root and rhizome.
Contains no salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, coloring, or preservatives.
Directions: Take one tablet in the morning and one tablet in the evening, with water. You can expect to notice improvements within a few weeks with full benefits after using Remifemin twice a day for 4 to 12 weeks. This product is intended for use by women who are experiencing menopausal symptoms. Does not contain estrogen. Remifemin is not meant to replace any drug therapy.
This product should not be used by women who are pregnant or considering becoming pregnant or are nursing. As with any dietary supplement, always keep out of reach of children. For a few consumers, gastric discomfort may occur but should not be persistent. If gastric discomfort persists, discontinue use and see your health care practitioner. As part of an overall good health care program, we encourage you to see your health care practitioner on a regular basis.
Making Sense Out of Menopause with Remifemin Menopause
Today, women are leading very dynamic and diverse lifestyles. Despite this diversity, there is one constant. They are all experiencing physiological changes. They will all experience menopause. The time when you have menopausal symptoms is a multiphasic period. Technically, the change or transitional process of menopause is known as the "Climacteric" . There are different phases of the climacteric that a woman experiences:
- Perimenopause is the transitional phase when hormone levels begin to drop. This phase lasts typically 3 to 5 years but can last up to 10 years. This gradual decline in estrogen levels causes the troublesome effects of menopause.
- Menopause is the permanent cessation of menstruation. The average age at menopause is 51, but there is considerable variation in this timing among women. Menopause is medically defined as one year without menstruation.
- Postmenopause is the phase following menopause. During this phase, your body gets used to the loss of estrogen and eventually the symptoms such as hot flashes go away.
Some Commonly Asked Questions Regarding Remifemin Menopause
- What is Remifemin Menopause? Remifemin Menopause is a uniquely formulated natural herbal supplement derived from the black cohosh plant. It is formulated to work with your body to promote physical and emotional balance during menopause. Over 40 years of clinical research has shown Remifemin Menopause helps reduce hot flashes, night sweats, related occasional sleeplessness, irritability and mood swings. In a recent clinical study, on average, women experienced the following overall improvements:
- What makes Remifemin Menopause so special? Remifemin Menopause contains an exclusive extract of black cohosh. Unlike many other black cohash products, it is developed with specific modern analytical techniques which produce a standardized extract of the black cohosh root and rhizome. In addition, Remifemin is estrogen free and does not influence hormone levels, unlike estrogens and phytoestrogens such as soy.
- With so many products out there claiming to be "natural," how can I be sure that this product is safe and effective? Remifemin Menopause's formulation is supported by over 40 years of clinical research, and millions of women in Europe have safely used it. Remifemin Menopause is drug free and estrogen free. And it is brought to you from a world-renowned health care company.
- How does Remifemin Menopause work? Remifemin Menopause contains a proprietary standardized extract taken from the rootstock of the black cohosh plant. Studies have shown that the compounds found within this standardized herbal extract seem to interact with certain hormone receptors - without influencing hormone levels.*
- How long does it take for Remifemin Menopause to work? Remifemin Menopause is a natural herbal supplement, not a drug. It will take time for your body's cycles to respond to its gentle onset. Personally, you may notice improvements within a few weeks. But for some women, it may take 4 to 12 weeks to benefit fully from Remifemin Menopause. Since the effects of Remifemin Menopause increase after extended twice daily use, we recommend that you take Remifemin Menopause for at least 12 weeks. If you do not find any difference in your well being after 12 weeks, please consult your physician to discuss other options.
- Can I take it over a long period of time, since the menopausal period lasts for years? Every woman's menopause symptoms are different. Depending on your particular circumstances, you should expect that over time your body will be adjusted to its lower level of estrogen and you may find that you no longer need to take Remifemin. You should listen to your body. We recommend that you take Remifemin Menopause twice daily for up to 6 months continuously. If, after discontinuing use your symptoms return, you may start taking Remifemin Menopause again. Keep in mind that Remifemin Menopause is a natural herbal supplement that supports a natural change that may take you years to go through. As part of an overall good healthcare program, we encourage you to see your health care practitioner on a regular basis.
- Are there any known side effects? When used properly following the package directions, Remifemin Menopause has few side effects, if any. In clinical research, there was a small percentage of gastric discomfort complaints. If you have been taking Remifemin Menopause and find that this or any other condition develops and persists, please discontinue use and see your physician.
- Is there a certain time of the day when I should take this product? Do I need to take it with food? You can take Remifemin Menopause with or without food any time of the day. We recommend that you take one tablet in the morning with your breakfast and one tablet in the evening with water.
- Can I take my herbal tea, vitamins, or other dietary supplements with Remifemin Menopause? Typically, dietary supplements can be taken with other dietary supplements. Always follow package directions. If you should notice any undesirable effects, discontinue taking them together.
Expiration and Storage Information
The expiration date of this package is printed on the side panel flap of the outer carton as well as on the blister packs. Do not use this product after this date.
Store this product in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid storing at temperatures above 86°F.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Questions or Comments? Call toll-free 1-800-965-8804 weekdays, or visit www.remifemin.com anytime.
Remifemin is a trademark of Schaper & Brümmer GmbH & Co. KG, licensed to GlaxoSmithKline.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.