IMMUNOPRO RX™ (Biomolecular Sciences) Lactoferrin and Cysteine Delivery (biologically active whey protein concentrate) Powder - 300gram jar
ImmunoPro Rx™ is a proprietary whey protein concentrate, derived from hormone treatment free milk. It provides biologically active protein fractions that assist the body in maintaining levels of glutathione (GSH) and support the immune system. ImmunoPro Rx™ contains high levels of naturally occurring Lactoferrin, Immunoglobulins and Bovine Serum Albumin. Lactoferrin has been shown to have anti-microbial, anti-viral and anti-fungal effects. The protein fractions in ImmunoPro Rx™ contain exceptional amounts of cysteine and glutamine (glutamate), the precursors required for the production of intracellular GSH.
GSH is a tripeptide composed of the three amino acids glutamate, cysteine and glycine. ImmunoPro Rx™ is a primary product, not a by-product of cheese manufacturing. The full range of protein fractions are maintained in their original conformation. This process enables ImmunoPro Rx™ to have high levels of cysteine. Cysteine is the critical amino acid for the efficient intracellular production of GSH.
Lactoferrin is an iron binding and iron modulating protein. Lactoferrin resides in the chemical family called cytokines. ImmunoPro Rx™ provides naturally occurring lactoferrin in its most biologically available state.
ImmunoPro Rx™ can be viewed as a delivery system of both cysteine and lactoferrin.
Biologically active protein supplementation may be used to address GSH deficiency, wasting, oxidative stress, iron deficiency, chemical toxicity, detoxification, protein deficiency and immune suppression. Reduced levels of GSH have been observed in: AIDS, cancer, CFIDS, catabolic cachexia, hepatitis, radiation poisoning, malnutritive states, chemotherapy and over training syndrome, and has been associated with numerous neurological disease states. These clinical pathologies have been associated with oxidative stress and have been published in peer-reviewed research.
Maintenance dose is two servings (10 grams) per day. For mild to moderate health challenges, higher doses are recommended. Observational studies with AIDS, cancer and CFIDS patients have noted consumption of 20-30 grams per day without ill effect. ImmunoPro Rx™ is best administered on an empty stomach or with light food consumption.
Do not use hot or acidic liquids to mix the product.
ImmunoPro Rx™ is contraindicated in individuals who have known hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
Each 5 gram serving of ImmunoPro Rx™ contains 4 grams of protein. Patients on a protein restricted diet need to take this into account when calculating their daily protein intake. ImmunoPro Rx™ contains less then 6% lactose and is generally well-tolerated by lactose-intolerant individuals.
Patients undergoing immunosuppressive therapy should discuss the use of this product with their health professional.
Maintenance dosage is 5gram BID. For advanced disease states, higher dosages are recommended.
5 grams of milk protein concentrate powder per serving scoop.
60 servings per jar.
Storage: Cool and dry. Refrigeration is not necessary.
- The Journal of Immunology 61: 503-508, 1987, "Glutathione and Lymphosite Activation"
- The Journal of the American College of Nutrition Volume 5, 1986, Anderson and Meister, "Intracellular Delivery of Cysteine and Glutathione Delivery Systems"
- Immune depressed individuals have lower GSH levels when fighting disease. Lymphocytes, cells vital for immune response, depend on GSH for their proper function and replication. Immunology 61: 503-508 1987
- Glutathione is essential in supporting the immune system, including natural killer cells (Droege et al., 1997
- Cancer Letters 57: 91-94 1991
- Lower GSH levels are implicated in many diseases associated with aging, including cataracts, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, atherosclerosis and others. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 47: 1021-28 1994
- Whey proteins promote muscular development. Sports Medicine 21; 213-238, 1996
- Low GSH has been demonstrated in nuerodegenerative diseases such as MS (Multiple Sclerosis), ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease), Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's disease and others. The Lancet 344: 796-798 1994
- GSH detoxifies many pollutants, carcinogens and poisons, including many in fuel exhaust and cigarette smoke. It retards damage from radiation such as seen with the loss of the ozone layer. Annual Review of Biochemistry 52: 711-780 1983.
- Numerous studies have demonstrated that patients with compromised liver function due to alcohol abuse have significant reduction of GSH in the liver. (Lamestro, 1995) AIDS
- Low GSH levels with poor survival in AIDS patients. Proc. National Acad. Science USA 94: 2967-72 1997
- Biochemical Pharmacology 47:2113-2123 1994
- Droege W, Holm E. Role of cysteine and GSH HIV-wasting and other diseases associated with muscle wasting and immunoglobulin function. FASEB J 1997; 11:10771089
ImmunoPro Rx™ is a trademark of Wellwisdom, LLC
Distributed by BioMolecular Sciences Inc.
|*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.