User Reviews for Amitriptyline / perphenazine

Also known as: Duo-Vil, Etrafon, Etrafon Forte, Triavil

Learn more about Amitriptyline/perphenazine.

Anxiety 4 reviews 63 medications

9.4
Depression 1 reviews 80 medications

Summary of Amitriptyline/perphenazine reviews 5 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Amitriptyline/perphenazine

Triavil (amitriptyline / perphenazine) for Anxiety: "I was going through a divorce, a miscarriage and loss of an important job plus career change. I was breaking down physically as well as mentally and was hospitalized for testing and observation by a cardiologist who diagnosed me with hypothyroidism and prescribed Triavil for me. IT WAS AMAZINGLY my lifechanger! IN just DAYS (less than 1 week) I was an entirely NEW woman whose issues were "healed" by my healed brain and ability to "handle" all my life's issues fearlessly in stride...thanks to my clear thinking triavil assisted body. This older medication is far too under prescribed and had only 1 adverse side affect which was I was so happy my appetite was voracious and I put on weight which I lost after a year. I Highly recommended TRIAVI"

a Hairstylist April 2, 2015

For Anxiety: "This medicine saved my life when I was 17 years old and so agoraphobic, with panic attacks multiple times a day. This was back in 1969, and within 6 weeks, I began to go out and go to college and do all the things a normal person does. I used it for many years, though with a lessened dosage. It seems especially good for anxiety attacks. While they did not entirely go away, seemed to lessen them to the extent that they were a minor occasional nuisance rather than something that prevented me from living a normal life and leaving the house. Yes, psychotherapy also helped, but before this medicine, I had been in therapy for three years and the anxiety/panic only got worse. Of course, this is just one person's experience."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 4, 2012

For Depression: "This medication has really helped me with my depression."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2012

Triavil (amitriptyline / perphenazine) for Anxiety: "When I was in my early 20s I was having a great deal of anxiety and depression. This caused me to have physical problems as well such as GI problems and headaches and even some insomnia. My M.D. prescribed Triavil 4mg Trilafon / 10mg Elavil. This was many years ago and I remember that it had a very quick effect on me. Anxiety gone in one day and depression was almost totally eliminated in 4 weeks. I realize now that this is an older antidepressant/antianxiety medication but I believe it is much under prescribed as it helps not only with the emotional problems but helps with pain and sleep. It is somewhat sedating but one can take bigger doses at night and sleep very well. "

Damien6 October 30, 2011

Etrafon (amitriptyline / perphenazine) for Anxiety: "I used this medication for 14 years with great success and few side effects. Constipation and restless legs the worst of these. After 14 years I did begin to have some problems with blank spots while I was talking. Upon discontinuation, this went away. I was on this medication 4 times a day."

Anonymous September 14, 2009