Salicylic Acid/Sulfur Shampoo and Hydrocortisone Lotion Kit
Generic Name: Salicylic Acid/Sulfur Shampoo and Hydrocortisone Lotion Kit (SAL i SIL ik AS id & SUL fur with hye droe KOR ti sone)
Brand Name: Scalacort DK
Uses of Salicylic Acid/Sulfur Shampoo and Hydrocortisone Lotion Kit:
- It is used to treat skin irritation.
- It is used to treat skin rashes.
- It is used to treat dandruff.
- It is used to control seborrheic dermatitis.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Salicylic Acid/Sulfur Shampoo and Hydrocortisone Lotion Kit?
- If you have an allergy to salicylic acid, sulfur, hydrocortisone, or any other part of salicylic acid/sulfur shampoo and hydrocortisone lotion kit.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Salicylic Acid/Sulfur Shampoo and Hydrocortisone Lotion Kit?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take salicylic acid/sulfur shampoo and hydrocortisone lotion kit. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause very bad and sometimes life-threatening allergic reactions or very bad irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. Use this medicine as you were told by the doctor or read the package label. Talk with the doctor.
- Use of other skin products while using salicylic acid/sulfur shampoo and hydrocortisone lotion kit may cause more irritation.
- Do not put on cuts, scrapes, or damaged skin.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- Use care when putting on a large part of the skin or where there are open wounds. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If this medicine is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Do not take salicylic acid/sulfur shampoo and hydrocortisone lotion kit for longer than you were told by your doctor.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may affect growth in children and teens in some cases. They may need regular growth checks. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- Do not give to children and teenagers who have or are getting better from flu signs, chickenpox, or other viral infections due to the chance of Reye's syndrome. Reye's syndrome causes very bad problems to the brain and liver.
How is this medicine (Salicylic Acid/Sulfur Shampoo and Hydrocortisone Lotion Kit) best taken?
Use salicylic acid/sulfur shampoo and hydrocortisone lotion kit as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take this medicine by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Avoid putting on healthy skin.
- Shake well before use.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Do not put on the face, underarms, or the groin area unless told to do so by the doctor.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Wet hair and scalp.
- Lather well and leave on as you have been told.
- Rinse and put on again.
- Rinse fully.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high blood sugar like confusion, feeling sleepy, more thirst, more hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
- Skin changes (pimples, stretch marks, slow healing, hair growth).
- Very bad skin irritation.
- Weight gain.
- Change in eyesight.
- Very bad headache.
What are some other side effects of Salicylic Acid/Sulfur Shampoo and Hydrocortisone Lotion Kit?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Skin irritation.
- Dry skin.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Salicylic Acid/Sulfur Shampoo and Hydrocortisone Lotion Kit?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about salicylic acid/sulfur shampoo and hydrocortisone lotion kit, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about salicylic acid/sulfur shampoo and hydrocortisone lotion kit. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using salicylic acid/sulfur shampoo and hydrocortisone lotion kit.
Review Date: December 6, 2017
More about hydrocortisone/salicylic acid/sulfur topical
- Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical steroids