Generic Name: ubiquinone (ue-BIK-wi-none)
Brand Name: Quinzyme
Quinzyme is used for:
Dietary management of low levels of ubiquinone (coenzyme Q-10) in certain patients with high cholesterol.
Quinzyme is a medical food. It works by providing ubiquinone (coenzyme Q-10) to the body to meet nutritional requirements.
Do NOT use Quinzyme if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Quinzyme
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Quinzyme:
Some medical conditions may interact with Quinzyme. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have heart problems (eg, congestive heart failure) or diabetes
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Quinzyme. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Quinzyme
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Quinzyme may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Quinzyme:
Use Quinzyme as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Do not swallow this tablet whole. Place the tablet in your mouth and allow it to completely dissolve. The tablet dissolves quickly and can be swallowed with saliva. Quinzyme may be taken with or without water.
- Take Quinzyme on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- Taking Quinzyme at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- If you miss a dose of Quinzyme, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Quinzyme.
Important safety information:
- Diabetes patients - Quinzyme may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Quinzyme should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Quinzyme while you are pregnant. It is not know if Quinzyme is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Quinzyme, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Quinzyme:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Diarrhea; loss of appetite; nausea; stomach upset.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Quinzyme:
Store Quinzyme at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Most herbal products are not in childproof containers. Keep Quinzyme out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Quinzyme, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Quinzyme is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Quinzyme or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Quinzyme. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Quinzyme. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Quinzyme.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about QuinZyme (ubiquinone)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: nutraceutical products