Generic name: artificial saliva
Brand name: Aquoral
Aquoral spray is used for:
Relieving dry mouth and throat.
Aquoral spray is an artificial saliva. It works by moistening and lubricating the mouth and throat.
Do NOT use Aquoral spray if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Aquoral spray
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Aquoral spray:
Some medical conditions may interact with Aquoral spray. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Aquoral spray. However, no specific interactions with Aquoral spray are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Aquoral spray may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Aquoral spray:
Use Aquoral spray as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Spray 1 or 2 times into the mouth whenever it feels uncomfortably dry.
- If you miss taking a dose of Aquoral spray for 1 or more days, there is no cause for concern. If your doctor recommended that you take it, try to remember your dose every day.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Aquoral spray.
Important safety information:
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Aquoral spray, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Aquoral spray during pregnancy. It is unknown if Aquoral spray is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Aquoral spray, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Aquoral spray:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Aquoral spray:
Store Aquoral spray at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Do not refrigerate. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Store away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not puncture, break, or burn the canister even if it appears to be empty. Keep Aquoral spray out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Aquoral spray, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Aquoral spray is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Aquoral spray or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Aquoral spray. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Aquoral spray. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Aquoral spray.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.