User Reviews for Venlafaxine

Also known as: Effexor, Effexor XR

Learn more about Venlafaxine.

Reviews for Venlafaxine to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Review by Sykes (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Venlafaxine turned out to help my irritable bowel syndrome a lot in addition to the psychological part. I take 225mg a day at the moment, and the days I sometimes forget to take them it gets noticeable worse.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2014 5:39 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Effexor (venlafaxine): I was prescribed Effexor XR for social anxiety and panic attacks, but an unexpected benefit was a decrease in my IBS symptoms (remember, bowel challenges are part of the symptoms for anxiety). After taking the medication for about a week my bowel motions were normal and cramping in my bowels were eased- it emboldened me to eat more foods (before the medication I hardly ate anything but blend foods trying to alleviate the bowel cramping and gas). It was sensational- my health is so much better because I am eating healthier foods. I even stopped using Pepto-Bismol as a go to for cramping! I am so appreciative of this medication. Also: another good aid for irritable bowel syndrome symptoms is swallowing peppermint oil capsules; not peppermint tea or candy. God Bless You!

November 29, 2012 3:01 PM

Review by loay R W (taken for 10 years or more):

I got anxiety attack and that lead to irritable bowel syndrome. My Dr. recommended Effexor 150mg/day. I used that since 2001. It works well, no problems, makes me happy all time but when I eat something with milk, immediate I have diarrhea.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2012 12:39 PM

Review by gutgirl:

Effexor XR (venlafaxine): Worked really well for irritable bowel syndrome, but unfortunately it affected my blood pressure.

January 13, 2009 9:41 PM