User Reviews for Triptorelin

Also known as: Trelstar, Trelstar Depot, Trelstar LA

Learn more about Triptorelin.

Reviews for Triptorelin to treat Prostate Cancer

Review by drjohn40:

Trelstar (triptorelin): Was on Firmagon monthly, always made me sick for a week. Started Trelstar two months ago. PSA down, no sickness. Just hot flashes like the rest of this class of medicine.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 11:12 AM

Review by Blessedhighfavor (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Trelstar (triptorelin): Dr. ordered Trelstar for one year beginning at end of radiation. PSA has been undetectable since! Was it the treatment, medicine or both? Many side effects! Hot flashes can be VERY bad where I feel like throwing up, passing out etc. Some are very minor, average about 15 a day. Monthly dose has been much better than larger dose of a similar medicine taken two years ago! Other side effects are too numerous to mention, but are generally mild.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2012 9:53 AM

Review by ernst1930 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Trelstar (triptorelin): My Local Primary Care Trust summarily decreed that LHRH Treatments were to be changed from Zoladex LA to Triptorelin - this is, without even seeming to give a thought to the possible effects of the change-over. (No relevant trials had ever been recorded for such a change) However after my 'mandatory' injection of Triptorelin - I immediately began to suffer from as many as 20 Hot Flushes every day. I began to record these Flushes and after only 2 weeks into the 3-month cycle, I complained to both my GP AND to the PCT direct. From my careful records, I produced an Excel graph in final support of my appeal. It was literally only 1 week before my new Injection/Implant was due, that I was allowed to return to Zoladex.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2012 10:25 AM

Review by Leemo:

Trelstar LA (triptorelin): To date I have had 2 injections of Trelstar LA. Each injection lasts 3 months. I have not had any other type of medication like this so I cannot compare it with others. At first the hot flashes were so severe that I became dizzy and had some nausea. These effects became more tolerable over time and I no longer have such severe reactions. I have hot flashes every day and during the night. I believe the hot flashes are worse at night. I have trouble getting to sleep sometimes because I am sweating one minute and cold the next. I sometimes wake in the night covered in sweat and the pillow and sheets are wet. I have experienced weight gain and some enlargement of my breasts. There has been a change in my personality and moods.

July 20, 2009 3:08 PM