User Reviews for Kenalog

Learn more about Kenalog.

Reviews for Kenalog to treat Atopic Dermatitis

"I've had dermatitis for 16 years. It started as mild eczema on my hands but within a year it went from mild to wild! Woke up one morning and both my forearms were swollen, red, itching, burning and leaking fluid when pushed against. 3 pitting edema. From that point on over the next few years, it spread to my torso, legs, back, scalp and face. Topical creams no longer worked, I was put on prednisone dose packs, but over time, prednisone was causing terrible side effects i.e., moon face, hyperglycemia, depression, agitation, oral thrush etc. I was then put on Kenalog 40mg every 3-4 weeks but then Kenalog created new side effects. Now I have to take 80mg of Kenalog and methotrexate. Works but my life is a wreck."

EczMan August 16, 2014

"This injection is amazing for major flare-ups that are not controllable by atopic creme. I had a shot a year ago and it cleared up my skin completely within 4 days. I stayed clear for a year exactly before my next flare-up and I went back for this same injection. Highly recommend for relief and the embarrassment of the flare-ups."

ambernic1982 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2012

"I got this shot after my hands turned unrecognizable from pain and eczema. I struggle with this all the time in every season. I could not believe how much Kenalog helped me. It erased all signs of eczema in a little over a week. I went back to the doctor just to THANK her for this. I would give it a 10 but its not perfect. It began to come back (though not nearly as severe) about six weeks later. It will definitely get you over the uncontrollable outbreaks."

Anonymous October 31, 2011