User Reviews for Kenalog

Learn more about Kenalog.

Reviews for Kenalog to treat Atopic Dermatitis

Review by EczMan:

I've had dermatitis for 16 years. It started as mild eczema on my hands but within a year it went from mild to wild! Woke up one morning and both my forearms were swollen, red, itching, burning and leaking fluid when pushed against. 3 pitting edema. From that point on over the next few years, it spread to my torso, legs, back, scalp and face. Topical creams no longer worked, I was put on prednisone dose packs, but over time, prednisone was causing terrible side effects i.e., moon face, hyperglycemia, depression, agitation, oral thrush etc. I was then put on Kenalog 40mg every 3-4 weeks but then Kenalog created new side effects. Now I have to take 80mg of Kenalog and methotrexate. Works but my life is a wreck.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2014 12:09 AM

Review by ambernic1982 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

This injection is amazing for major flare-ups that are not controllable by atopic creme. I had a shot a year ago and it cleared up my skin completely within 4 days. I stayed clear for a year exactly before my next flare-up and I went back for this same injection. Highly recommend for relief and the embarrassment of the flare-ups.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2012 3:26 PM

I got this shot after my hands turned unrecognizable from pain and eczema. I struggle with this all the time in every season. I could not believe how much Kenalog helped me. It erased all signs of eczema in a little over a week. I went back to the doctor just to THANK her for this. I would give it a 10 but its not perfect. It began to come back (though not nearly as severe) about six weeks later. It will definitely get you over the uncontrollable outbreaks.

October 31, 2011 2:52 PM